Would you buy shares in HBOS?

Currently reading:
Would you buy shares in HBOS?

its true what they say- you can always spot a gambler a mile off.

most individual investors play the long term slow growth game, but many prefer to have a punt looking for a quick profit. i am not at all surprised that soapy would be the latter.

personally i exist inbetween the 2. i dont see the point of investing money unless the return is significantly better than you would get in a low-risk investment such as a savings account with your bank, so the long term game doesnt really suit me (especially now- you'd be daft to leave money invested in stock markets over the next 24 months). on the other hand i know better than to risk money when i do not have "inside information", so the latest financial sector turmoil isnt an opportunity i intend to take advantage of. if you know what you are doing you can make a lot of money very quickly, but if you dont have that inside informaiton then you are taking a blind gamble and that means you are depending on luck. that is not the way a wise investor operates, it is only a gamblers game. the law of gambling is that the house always wins in the long run. gamble with shares and the same is true.

Dont worry when I get my first pay packet im going to the abarth dealer in york and slapping a 5k deposit on a new abarth and asseto kit :yum: :devil:

:worship: Oh yes! Need a lift to York? ;) Test drives? lol

Shotgun, I want to be the first from FF to see it :p

Back to Topic.

I don't know if I could be arsed with the hassle/possibility of loosing so much money on the economy. I'll stick to poker thanks.

I would much rather put , I don't know £2,000 on a poker table than buy shares.

And tbh if you had the money, you could make £5,000 in 24hours easily

howard and 40,000 other from HBOS.. gutted

how many people do you think you know that would play poker with you to give you a chance to win £5k at one time?
its not realsitic, whereas share earnings are

We are still doing quite alot of buy to lets suprisingly

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:.

Im sorry gaz but you'd have to be 1% away from being a retard to get a Buy-to-let mortgage at the moment!!.

i am .5%

goonies_sloth_1024.jpg

houses/flats on my estate are going stupidly cheap, if sales woman sealed it with a bj then i would try and buy the whole estate:D

the quicker they sell, the quicker I get my landscaped garden, my nature reserve and the childrens play area :mad:

True but then with a Buy-to-let you got the chance you may not get a tenant in which case you'd still need to pay the mortgage!.

true.. but at the moment it might not be as hard as you think to get a tenant.. with people being refused mortgages left right and centre people have no choice but to rent, and in alot of cases they pay over the odds to do so aswell

Back