Technical Would Warrenty Cover?!

Currently reading:
Technical Would Warrenty Cover?!

Hi all,

This morning my glove box latch (thing you pull to open it) broke and now the glove box wont close.

its on 07 plate grande punto sporting. would warrenty cover this?

Thanks

will the 3rd warranty cover the latch that secures the back seats? as one of mine has broken but i bought the car like that from a fiat dealership!

Managed to fix latch with a bit of brute force...not sure how.
it was really pissing me off staying open while driving along the motorway, so I just yanked the handled and click.....all works again...

The british "man" fix seemed to work!

I thought id ressurect this thread rather than create a new one, as some of you may know my car had its first mot today and failed due to the headlight allignment (standard bulbs not hid convesion), im told it may be a simple fix or it could require new headlights, as my car is just about in warrenty i was wondering if i should take it to fiat and get them to look at at, what are the chances of them fixing it under 3rd year warrenty?
Its both the near and offside headlights that have failed so i get the impression its something wrong with the car, also the bulb leveling switch was on number 1 so they were already pointing down a bit.
Thanks

I thought id ressurect this thread rather than create a new one, as some of you may know my car had its first mot today and failed due to the headlight allignment (standard bulbs not hid convesion), im told it may be a simple fix or it could require new headlights, as my car is just about in warrenty i was wondering if i should take it to fiat and get them to look at at, what are the chances of them fixing it under 3rd year warrenty?
Its both the near and offside headlights that have failed so i get the impression its something wrong with the car, also the bulb leveling switch was on number 1 so they were already pointing down a bit.
Thanks
Are you using oem or 3rd party bulbs? Probably just needs the alignment sorted which any decent garage (dealer or independent) should be able to do. There are 2 white knobs on the back or the headlamp units which can be turned to adjust the alignment. It should be done with the level set to 0. Best done somewhere that does MOTs so they can check the alignment as it is adjusted.

Last edited:
Thanks

when you put the Original bulbs back in did you put them in correctly? they only fit correctly one way

your levelling selection shouldn't cause it to fail its alignment they are checking not level *(although that does come in to it)*

look here

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-pu...adlight-side-light-indicator-bulbs-gars2.html

you will have a bit of cheek taking it back to fiat having ripped the original bulbs out and fitted HIDs

Last edited:
Mine failed it MOT the other day on the NS headlight.
The little plastic bit that keeps the headlight bulb in place was broken, this is the bit the paperclip clips onto.
Fiat wanted £144 for the one unit. Bought a new one two nights ago online for £62. This came this morning.
On checking new headlight, the bit that snapped on mine is now metal & side mounted, as apposed to the bottom.
Shall be fitting this tomorrow.

Also had a engine managment light come on. Took to Fiat. Needed a new coil pack. Had coild pack, leads & spark plugs replaced.

Today my outside temp reading was -3' then changed to the correct temp, this happens everytime I turn it on/off today. Shall be getting it looked at at dealer when it goes back for its MOT next week, just before the warranty expires.

Anyway, if you need a new headlight, dont get it from Fiat unless you want to pay £200 incl.

Good luck!

Back