Would this fail an MOT?

Currently reading:
Would this fail an MOT?

Wow not a pedant surely... (Posted by one of FF's Pedants myself lol!)

i've had worse damage to rim protectors (on the mrs car) pass. I've also had cars pass as they wasn't doing what they shouldnt on the day of the test!

back to tyres, had ones pass without rim protectors but with no writing whatsoever on the sidewall.

not proud of it, but its happened.

BTW i have suffered a blowout before now... in a hire car that i picked up with 8 miles on the clock and it went when it hit 100 miles. no impact damage to tyre, will never know what caused it

If a tyre fails the MOT its obviously not road worthy.
BUT, if it passes an MOT then its deamed road worthy so if the tyre was on Doms speeding(80mph overtaking maneuver) car and blew out causing an accident who would be to blame, Dom for not changing it or the MOT tester for passing it?

Hmmmmm....seems we have a Pedant amongst us :D

Would you like me to edit my original post for you to reflect the fact the national speed limit is in fact 70mph? Although many, myself included choose to ignore it on M-ways and instead take an indicated 80mph as a limit on the basis your speedo could be overeading by up to 10% and the fact Mr Plod generally gives you 10% + 2-5mph before turning his blue lights on?

Fact is over more than two decades and several hundred thousand miles on the slabs at an indicated 80 I have never had a tug from `th-owd bill so...ergo: My system works! (y) However........I appreciate your concern, and its really not a problem for me if you want me to state 70 instead of 80 (y)...just say the word.

I don't speed because 1) I choose not to, 2) I'm doing the IAM course, 3) It uses more fuel, 4) It's against the law and probably most important would be 5) I'm 17 and can't risk points...

Wow not a pedant surely... (Posted by one of FF's Pedants myself lol!)

Dom

I don't speed because 1) I choose not to, 2) I'm doing the IAM course, 3) It uses more fuel, 4) It's against the law and probably most important would be 5) I'm 17 and can't risk points...

Dom

That's your perogative. 80%+ break the 70mph speed limit on a daily basis and 18% of those that don't are HGV's.

My car is most economical in most conditions at 80mph rather than 60-70. Sits just under peak torque band in 6th gear.

Dom

very noble Son (y).......but if you are still in a similar frame of mind in say a couple of years I will in return drop my pants in the nearest ASDA. :D

Its not on my car, it belongs to a friends son, and it passed an MOT. (n)

His father insisted he got it changed so I found him a part worn.

IMO it should have failed the MOT.

Hope it was perminantly marked as Part worn as per the newer eec regs

http://www.cheshirewestandchester.g...duct_safety/selling_safe_part-worn_tyres.aspx

very noble Son (y).......but if you are still in a similar frame of mind in say a couple of years I will in return drop my pants in the nearest ASDA. :D

I'll hold you to that!!! :ROFLMAO:

Dom

Dom i think we can forgo the usual forum censorship if you get the event on camera ;)

double points will be awarded if you film sledge been chased by the Asda security guard :D

Back