Styling would this be ok for little spraying tasks?

Currently reading:
Styling would this be ok for little spraying tasks?

Yh it would be but depends on what your spraying and dnt forget paint is gna cost u a bomb..... If your gna use it for bumpers,doors,boots ect more than once yh but not for lil tit bits

i have some scratches on the passenger side door, that are reallllly annoying me.. ill take a photo when i get in... its proper annoying, i also want to CC my bumpstrips, wing mirrors and door handles....

I just use rattle cans. People say you can't get a good finish on them but take your time and it looks great. Most people who see my consoles can't believe it's from a can.
Saves £120 aswell. Just don't use the last bits in the can as it spits :p

I bought something similar about 20 years ago & it's paid for itself many times over. Consider getting a modeller's airbrush as well - I find this really useful for the odd little touch up as you have very good control & you don't have to do quite so much masking either.

Useful for inflating tyres & all kinds of other stuff too - just don't expect to run a sand blaster off it!

I just use rattle cans. People say you can't get a good finish on them but take your time and it looks great. Most people who see my consoles can't believe it's from a can.
Saves £120 aswell. Just don't use the last bits in the can as it spits :p
I attempted some "rattle can" (great description!) painting on a metallic recently. I got the colour coat on fine, but try as I might I couldn't get the clear lacquer on well at all. It was either too dry and felt like matt sand paper, or I got too much on and I got small runs. I found it impossible to find the right balance, so now the colour looks ok, but even after lots of cutting and polishing it still doesn't look shiny enough. Where did I go wrong?:confused:
I don't have sufficient justification to buy a compressor (or the money either!):mad:

yeah this is the one i have. it would be fine for what you need it for. i highly recommend getting it as it is a good all rounder i've used it for sanding, painting, drilling.. loads of stuff. has enough pressure to paint bumpers and bits like that as i done mine this weekend and it stood up well (y)

The biggest snag is that without breathing equipment you cant use 2-pack paints which hold their colour and shine well. So you are stuck with cellulose which so often loses its shine and fades

I would go with an airbrush for touching up but get bigger panels done professionally. As BTG says the paints (and thinners) cost £loads.

Back