General Would a Punto make it to Mongolia?

Currently reading:
General Would a Punto make it to Mongolia?

The new Panda is a great car. My mum has the 1200/60 with auto box (though to be sure that wouldnt make sense). A Panda 4x4 would be even better. Agreed it hits the budget but should sell well when over there.

Our budget is probably around £600-£800, i have heard its possible to get discount from the seller if we tell them what we're using it for :). Obviously the cheaper the better (as long as its in good nick).

I dont think the engine size will be a problem, if its 1242cc they'll round it down to the nearest 100, plus if the car is called a 1.2 then there should be no problem! Also for every 0.1L over we get a £100 fine that goes to charity which will mean we'll just have to raise a bit extra.

And to clarify we leave the car in mongolia where its auctioned for charity, or turned into a police car or something (even though it will probably have only 3 wheels and all kinds of crap hanging off it after tackling the deserts and mountain ranges ect)!

Our budget is probably around £600-£800, i have heard its possible to get discount from the seller if we tell them what we're using it for :). Obviously the cheaper the better (as long as its in good nick).

I dont think the engine size will be a problem, if its 1242cc they'll round it down to the nearest 100, plus if the car is called a 1.2 then there should be no problem! Also for every 0.1L over we get a £100 fine that goes to charity which will mean we'll just have to raise a bit extra.

And to clarify we leave the car in mongolia where its auctioned for charity, or turned into a police car or something (even though it will probably have only 3 wheels and all kinds of crap hanging off it after tackling the deserts and mountain ranges ect)!
:eek::eek:!!Man , maybe you should start looking for some other type of car.Does anyone know the engine size of a Lada Niva??Though I don't think it'll be smaller than 1.4 , it's still being produced till today so the 2001 limit isn't going to set you off...
Are you allowed to do mods to the car??If you are , and you finally get a punto you'd better change the susp since you're gonna take it to the desert!!!!And mountains...Maybe the tires too.

Forget my previous post , Niva comes as 1.6 and 1.7.Also , I just noticed that a polo has made it before , which means that the task isn't as tough as I imagined when I read "deserts" and "mountains"..The idea of a 4x4 panda that was mentioned sounds attractive to me!It wont be as fast as the 80 hp punto , but it'll cruise way easier on hard surfaces!So..consider what your priorities are and choose!

Yeah these deserts and mountain ranges arent as hardcore as the sahara or the himalayas but probably still tough on a city car!

We are gonna do some mods like a sump guard, protection for the brake lines ect and we will look at making the suspension more robust...failing that we'll just take some spare springs!

Back