Woo Hire Car

Currently reading:
Woo Hire Car

aye, bro hired a car - and despite the booking say "CONFIRMED; Astra 1.9cdti" we got a 1.2 8v GP. (n)

oh dear, no power at all there. rubbish. utter rubbish. had around 10k on the clock it soudned like the alternator was on it's way out already. it was fun on nsl lanes and the like - and it was taken to the road that cooks the brakes, and the brakes survived (last two cars to do that road, mk2 punto 1.2 8v, corsa 1.0 - brake discs were glowing by the end of it).

ooo the fun of hire cars :devil:

my dad took is Merc S600 into mercedes, he was having to go out to clients and such so needed a decent car, he came back with bloody Smart Car :confused: they drove round the country in a smart car for the day(my dads a big man as well).

also when we had the Lexus LS430 they gave us a IS200, i wouldnt go out in the car :eek:

I got a hire car while 17!. I did have to pay an additional deposit of £20 for a young driver insurance weiver as well as sign a note saying I would be liable to a £1500 excess in an event of a claim!.

theres no way i would have taken that.£1500 excess are you crazy? if you had been side swiped by someone who drove off it would have been you paying regardless of fault

i was impressed with the brakes in the GP, very sharp.

any courtesy car is a bonus i suppose, for me it was just something to rag the t*ts off while my mam went shopping, an engine rebuild and 2 new tyres should see it right though lol

Oh believe me there are worse cars than corsa's!. I took my Fiat in for a warranty job and got a friggin Hyundai Amika!. What was worse is I had to do 60miles that day on the motorway. To my dismay I ended up having to do 120miles round trip to work because some inconsiderate c**t decided to crash there BMW into a lorry! :bang: as a result the whole of the A1 was closed in between Leeming and Catterick :(.

1232190343.jpg

Thats the culprit ^^.

PMSL :D

they dont have fiats as the courtesy cars because it costs too much to fix them :D

We only use fiats .....we had a 147 aswell but sent that to auction sharpish!

drove round the country in a smart car for the day(my dads a big man as well).

:eek:

it was just something to rag the t*ts off while my mam went shopping, an engine rebuild and 2 new tyres should see it right though lol

Mind if you ever buy a secondhand car as it could be one thats had the t*ts ragged off it........what goes around comes around;)

how's that?

we're on about hire cars here not my own.

hire cars getting sold after 10,000 miles.....imagine how many there are on the roads or in the forecourts! Maybe one day your financial circumstances might change meaning you have to buy secondhand.

Just because its not your car dont mean you can f*ck it or is it ok for others to not respect your property aswell?

yup, the 1.2 8v GP seems to be their most popular selling engine in the UK, but its dire.
it was barely enough in the mk1, the mk2 NEEDED the 16v to make it as quick, the GP NEEDS the 1.4 to make it even think about moving its overweight ass
or the dieselsporting :)

which brings me to my point, what IS The point in buying an 8v mk3 GP? it will barely do 30mpg to get me around as quick (LOFL) as I want to, when a turbo car WILL get me there as quick, provide some fun, and still manage 40mpg.
crazy backwards waste of time or is it just me:confused:

agree, its pretty slow. (hence why im getting a 1.9 one) BUT. the gsr really does help a lot. :)

i get 35/36MPG when thrashing the absolute ******** off of it. on my last motorway trip this moning i had 45MPG most of the way.

think what the mechanics are doin 2 ur car while ur raging the t*ts off theres:cry: they've gotta be thinking the same about its not there car(n)

think what the mechanics are doin 2 ur car while ur raging the t*ts off theres:cry: they've gotta be thinking the same about its not there car(n)

A few facts...................

1)technicians (dont call them mechanics anymore) dont get paid for time test driving.....you will get a quick run around the block & thats it if your lucky!

2)most garages are in built up areas...not exactly conditions to thrash a car.

3)most customers leave little or no fuel in car anyway

4)If tech crashes a car he loses all bonus etc (some dealerships make you pay for all damage!) so unlikely any tech will be silly enough to race around streets in someone elses car.

5)Dont 'tar' all technicians through pub talk,most take great care in customers car as are well aware customers reset trip meter & check their car thoroughly on collection.

6)long test drives for a running fault are recorded on 'examiner recorder' which includes engine & road speeds.

i didnt accuse all technicans i just know of a few garges near me that do abuse cars more there apprentices to be fair and checkin the mileage doesn't tell you if they've revved the nuts off it cause they like ur exhaust note and it could happen at whatever garage you choose i'm pretty sure all technicans aren't blue eyed

Agree with everypoint T :)

2)most garages are in built up areas...not exactly conditions to thrash a car.
Although will always remember when I took a car (not gonna mention any details here by the way.) to a garage. To be in the general area later that day and be nearly run over by my own car being driven like a tit. :mad:
Needless to say I don't use that garage now. :)

3)most customers leave little or no fuel in car anyway

I always try to keep the car like that. Can occasionally mean free fuel if tech is scared it will runout on them. ;)

Back