wiring upgrade central locking kit

Currently reading:
wiring upgrade central locking kit

Hi I have just purchased a remote locking upgrade kit for punto mk2 with key central locking got the lights to flash but the wiring seems to be different from the instructions I got with the kit can anyone help.
I bought this kit as I only got one key with the car and have been quoted over £100 for a new key which I can't afford at present and don't want to snap key in a frozen door barrel, also where is the cheapest place to get a new key I live in the Stirling area.

Thanks in advance for any help.

take the key to somewhere like timpsons, they'll be able to cut a copy cheap, problem is the immobiliser code, some they can plug in and copy, some can't. they'd need to try it to see, but even if it doesnt work for immobiliser, worst case scenario you can use the copy to open the doors leaving the immobiliser key for the ignition, minimising the risk of snapping it :)

as for the central locking, it would depend on the kit. is it the standard fiat META kit or an aftermarket?

central locking upgrade /new key

Hi Thanks for the reply I tried Timpsons and they said they could not program a new key and also said that I could not use a non programmed key to open the doors as it would mess up the immobiliser and leave the proper key useless.

The kit I am trying to fit is the Hawk ha008 upgrade kit the wires in my plug don't correspond to what their instructions say I don't have wires in pin 34 or pin 24 and the colours don't match either,
I have taken a picture of my wires if anyone thinks they can figure it out for me I can send it to them.

Mathew

Back