Unusual fuse box wires

Currently reading:
Unusual fuse box wires

Daniel1238

I bought my fiat punto 2004 hgt about a year ago and ive always wondered what this weird black thing (looks like a charger) is that comes out of my dash. Can be seem in the first picture. After looking around and following some wires it took my to the fuse box. There are a bunch of clearly after market wires around the place and my guess is the previous owner wired up a hands free system.
My question is would it be wise to unplug and take out this system or could it mess with my audio system? Ive been having trouble with my radio lately where it just stops playing sound and ive noticed if i move the black dongle thing the audio tends to fix itself. Therefore im thinking that if i remove it the audio may fix itself. Sorry for the essay but im just unsure on the next step. Thanks in advance. 20190603_121543.jpeg20190603_121523.jpeg20190603_121529.jpeg

What a mess, Would say you're right, looks like some sort of attempt at fitting a hands free device, won't do any harm to pull the red wire from the fuse box and replace with the correct fuse directly into the port (disconnect the battery first before touching anything electrical) and see what it does, think the best bet would be to trace the remaining wires and see what else they connect to and delete them too if you have further issues, but my bet would be that red wire, that looks like just a standard spade terminal that someone has rammed into the fuse box to get a power feed, is probably the root of any issues when it's jiggling around driving.

Without knowing what they've done to the other side of the stereo, (my guess would be, butchered some wires) it's hard to say if the stereo will immediately work or not.

Back