Wiring up new cinq speaker; assistance? [pics]

Currently reading:
Wiring up new cinq speaker; assistance? [pics]

CaneyJ

Clubcento Member
There are 2 aims for this thread, 1st is I just want to clarify things before I fit my new speakers. The 2nd is to allow a visual look at the space available in the cinq speaker housings for anyone who hasn't seen before.

What I want to know is if anyone knows which wires are positive and negative. They are arranged in the following pictures/diagrams.

Left speaker wires
leftspeaker7lk.jpg

right speaker wires
rightspeaker4hp.jpg

speakerdiagram8qt.jpg

4inchspeakers8qi.jpg

My old OEM speakers (left) have a spade connector block but the new speakers (right) has tabs, I intend to solder some speaker wire to the tabs and crimp a larger spade connector on the end and crimp a spade connecter-slot onto the trimmed stereo wires, is this how others have done it or is there another way?

Also anyone got an idea on which terminals on the new speaker are positive and negative, does it matter? One is larger than the other.

on the new speaker the larger one is +
if you open the OEM connector there are spade connectors inside. it pops open so you can save the connector to refit the originals if you are going to sell.
although it wouldnt hurt to fit decent speaker wire

cant help on +/- as mines run of amps

custard boy said:
on the new speaker the larger one is +
if you open the OEM connector there are spade connectors inside. it pops open so you can save the connector to refit the originals if you are going to sell.
although it wouldnt hurt to fit decent speaker wire

cant help on +/- as mines run of amps

Agree - fir new speaker wire from the head unit. you won't have to faff around with connectors etc and you'll know which it the + and -.

(y)

The red wire and the pink wire are positive. Did mine yesterday with some assistance. Had to solder on extra wire as there wasn't enough to easily connect the speakers up.

Back