Technical Wiring in a Warning Buzzer for Indicators

Currently reading:
Technical Wiring in a Warning Buzzer for Indicators

Woodpeck

Hi guys,
Anyone found that like me, it is easy not to hear the indicators going when the engine is working hard ?
In the interests of other motorists, I have just purchased a warning buzzer/beeper designed to hook up to the indicator circuit. It looks easy, just 2 red wires (one for each side Left/Right) and one black one (Ground).
The wires on the buzzer are fairly short and so I guess the unit is designed for behind the dash fitting but I'm not sure where to pick up the feed wires from.
Can anyone help with details of where the left and right indicator feeds come from (which connector, pins, and wiring colours) ?
Thanks fellas, the Vehicle is a 2004 1.9 model
Woody

Cheers, It's a 2004 model and doesn't appear to have anything fancy like the later canbus models.

Anyone ? Even knowing the left and right side indicator wiring colour coding would help (y)

Of course fella, although I probably did it the difficult way rather than doing what I wanted to do.

Ok located the indicator feed on both sides (rear) using a multimeter
A dirty white or off yellow on the left nearside viewed from the rear, and a yellow on the right side.

Ran an extension lead scotchlocked to the right hand yellow feed up and over the rear doors inside the bulkhead over to the left side.

The warning beeper was a twin red wire and one black wire design, the 2 red wires isolated from each other via i'm guessing diodes but they were heatshrunk into the wiring and hidden from view.

Scotchlocked the black wire to the green chassis earth point half way up the inside of the left hand rear door colums and then scotchclocked one of the red wires to the dirty white wire in the left hand lighting wiring assembly and the other red wire was scotchlocked to the extended feed from the right hand assembly.

Job done but I would rather have done it at the dashboard, hence my original question.

Cheers

Yes fella, the thing wasn't worth scanning around for components seperately for, it came pre-assembled from ebay for about £5 delivered complete with a buzzer that was so loud mounted in the rear of the van (near the rear light unit on the n/s) that we had to wrap it tightly in bubble wrap to reduce the volume.

Anyway, all done and working fine now.:p

Back