Technical WIPERS

Currently reading:
Technical WIPERS

djjd26

Im having a problem with my front wipers they keep stopping in the middle of the window screen mid cycle and stay there for about 10-15 seconds.It has just started to do this in the last 2 weeks or so.;) Has anyone else had this problem?

1.6 dynamic, orion grey 17"s

The wipers base contacts are not touching very well this is something your dealer must do to fix it.

Dec2002 - 5D 80 Fiat Stilo Dynamic Metal. Loden Green ASR/MSR/Brake Assist - Dual Zone Climate - Comfort Pack

Originally posted by Slinky Wizard
Hi,

My Stilo did the same thing. Eventually, the dealer replaced the wiper motor and this sorted things.

Regards,

James Mayl

Same here. :( But I had to take it back to them the next day as they hadn't put the wiper assembly back together right. It was banging and rattling and at first they denied there was anything wrong with it, but I made them have another look and they found their mistake. [:0]

Cheers for your replies.
been to lazy lately to take it to the dealers but its got worse its every time now it won't even go 1 cycle without getting stuck, really pissing me off[:(!]

Don't they ever bloody learn? I had a '96 Alfa GTV that did the same thing, and that was 3 years ago. Mine was over £250 to replace - fortunately covered by the usually useless second hand car warranty that I got with the car when I bought it.

Good grief!

Stilo 1.6 Dynamic in that nice pale metallic green & Volvo 850 T-5 Battle Cruiser

Its been in today and it seems sorted so far. I asked the bloke behind the service counter what the problem was he said they changed the grease on something because the old grease was to thick.
thanks for your posts

cheers J.D:)

Hi

There is a listed modification for the wiper motor on Stilo's. djjd26 is correct - it lists it as "Changed Type of Grease" - the modification date is 07-2002.

This means mine has the old type - I've noticed it stick slightly when it comes up a bit; I always thought it was the sensor changing its mind at the last minute.

Stilo 1.6 Dynamic, 5dr, 2002, Crystal Green

Thats how mine started rroope. Book it in to get it sorted before it gets to the point were your driving down the motorway and it starts pissing down and you cant see a f?@cking thing.;)

Yep I sorted my wipers out this morning - half an hr and that was it sorted-I used the black grease (ie CV Joint Stuff) the wipers seem to be smoother & faster.

Does anyone know if the dealers charged for putting the lights flashing when you lock the car active??? taking the car across on Monday - its still within its 2nd yr of warranty

Back