Technical Wiper Linkage Socket Broken

Currently reading:
Technical Wiper Linkage Socket Broken

st004rt

Has anyone had this problem? It's snapped on the drive to the drivers side hence neither work as passenger is driven by the drivers linkage(n)
Managed to Bodge:( a repair, as driving in rain with no wipers isn't fun, luckily very quiet at 5:30am.
Found some replacement linkages from Wipex for Ideas 2003 onwards ( mine 55) but it looks like the sockets in the short linkage are in the same orientation. Mine has them in opposite directions any feedback would be appreciated.

Sorry i'm late in getting back to you all. The socket had broken hence it wouldn't stay located on the ball, sorry for the misunderstanding. Purchased the replacement linkages from wipex Would recommend these although they are slightly different. Instead of a cup for the ball to sit in they have a polyurethane?
bush with a relieved area in the centre so they snap onto the ball, all good so far. (y)

My Wipex rods for my Croma wore and fell off within 6 months. In the end I bought another new set of Wipex rods and some spring clips off ebay to hold them on. They're rock-solid now and will last for ever.

You just need to hacksaw a notch in the rod for the clip to hook into. You'll see what I mean if you get some.

The problem is of crap Fiat design, with the ball and socket the wrong way up. Gravity is constantly pulling them apart. I think the Wipex rods are heavier than the originals, which doesn't help.

Back