General Winey noises....

Currently reading:
General Winey noises....

You know you two really seem to be bonding! Wanna get a room or something? Lol
Jim

Is thats wot its called now "bonding"????? It was not called that last week in Comptons. I just cant keep up with all these new "Street terms".

I can think of a few words ending in 'ing'...but Bonding....no dont get that one..:confused:...You will have to fill me in Jim!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Kev

I have a similar prob. Have a 2001 1.2 punto

High pitched engine whine, whilst cold, increases as revs go up then stops abruptly till next gear selected , then does it again each gear. Stops or at least is inaudible once engine warms up. Also get same whine on start up ie when not in gear so dont think it is clutch/gearbox related. Is also definately coming from the fan belt/alternator side of the engine bay rather than clutch side.

Engine does seem to be using a bit of oil and have noticed a bit around the cylinder head gasket join. Did have a cylinder head gasket replacement and skim about six months ago. Come to think of it noise started after previous gasket/skim

Will try the WD on alternator. Any other ideas. Suspect will prob need to go into garage but I am not very mechanically minded and would like to be prepared if they give me some bull and the prospect of another big bill.

Back