Windows Mail aaaaaagh!

Currently reading:
Windows Mail aaaaaagh!

Does anybody remember the Basis Fawlty scene when he was bashing his Austin 1100 (?) across the bonnet with a tree branch when it refused to start on "Gourmet night"?
That's how I feel about Windows Mail, which I inherited with Windows 8.1 and now 10.
It may be just me who is doing something wrong , but in my defence I used Outlook Express for years and never missed or lost an email.
Now with this new fangled thing, these are my moans:
1. Even though I have selected it, there is no audible warning when an email arrives.This is annoying
2. Emails used to synch to my inbox within a minute or 2 of firing up the computer, and attachments automatically downloaded. But with WMail it is now taking sometimes 15-20 minutes for emails to appear, so in desperation I log on using webmail with my email provider, which means I have to open 2 programs not one. Messages appear on my phone well before they do on my PC.
3. Now to add insult to injury, messages seem to go missing. EG if I search for a message which I know was received at 9.04 this morning, just in chronological order, it's not there. But if I search under "From", then it appears. What is going on?
To me, to lose or miss an email is a big deal, because I work from home, for myself. A missed email can be costly.
Dombooth earlier suggested something called emclient. Have I got anything to lose by switching to that, or can I fix WMail somehow?
Thanks guys. Losing the plot here!:bang:

Just bought a new tablet for Mrs Codger. When I try to access her emails on her Outlook account I am getting the old "this website ' s security certificate is out of date etc" message, but I can access her account on our existing computers. Any ideas guys?

Just bought a new tablet for Mrs Codger. When I try to access her emails on her Outlook account I am getting the old "this website ' s security certificate is out of date etc" message, but I can access her account on our existing computers. Any ideas guys?

Odd. Is that through the browser? What tablet?

I think I have solved it. Clock was not set to auto . Fixed that and then I could get on Outlook sign in page. (?)!

Not an unheard of issue - glad you resolved it.

I've tried to install old software, been told the certificate has expired, and realised i can just set my PC clock back lol!

Back