Windows 8 Ordered

Currently reading:
Windows 8 Ordered

I had a play on windows 8 before I got my new PC
ChrisUK I agree it seems to be ideal for touch screens but just annoying for keyboard and mouse.

I ordered a PC with windows 7, I think microsoft could have another Vista on their hands, ie: universally disliked.

Last edited:
I've used it and liked it. it will take getting used to but I saw no issues with it, didn't come across any bugs either.

It will be great for my home theater PC, the start screen will be very useful. It will almost make it like an xbox. Boot up, big panel for netflix, big panel for videos, will be very handy

I've used it and liked it. it will take getting used to but I saw no issues with it, didn't come across any bugs either.

It will be great for my home theater PC, the start screen will be very useful. It will almost make it like an xbox. Boot up, big panel for netflix, big panel for videos, will be very handy

Ive had issues
my windows store simply stopped working
a common issue of thinking it has no network access
took ages to fix
had a couple of issues with the PC locking up
it also seems more RAM hungry vs W7
admittedly I do only run 4GB,so I need to add more

Saying that most of my Metro Apps now do this:-

attachment.php

Just annoying to be honest. And what if you are the system administrator :chin:

I also don't see any home users having a system administrator :bang:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 156
Well after a few weeks i can officially conclude windows 8 is and absolute ****ing load of ********ing **** crap****, which has made my laptop totally unusable.

The biggest problem seems to be something going on behind the scenes, something Microsoft don't want to deal with or admit.

Ever since I installed it in task manager the hard drive has basically been thrashed at a constant 100% use meaning opening the simplest of apps that requires any use of the hard drive sees the whole computer grind to a halt while it waits for some unknown process to finish and allow enough access for the app to execute.

I spent the afternoon on the phone to Microsoft tech support who say this is 3rd party services, however since doing a complete restore of windows it is evident that with no other software installed this problem still persists.

I've reached the end of my tether with it, am now trying to find a way to return it to windows 7 which is apparently just as impossible as fixing the fault.

Thank load for our Mac which as kept me sane with access to enable online research and FF access

Back