window tints, the age old argument continues..

Currently reading:
window tints, the age old argument continues..

The Negotiator said:
Well, tints...apart from all the above, at night can you actually see as if you didn't have tints?

If there are no street lights, you can sometimes have issues.. the worst was when mine were first done (the lighten after a bit) - my girlfriends house had like a private car park thing, which was surrounded by trees. I could never see out the back, so always needed help parking :D

You do also sometimes have to wind your window down when at junctions so you can see oncoming traffic that bit better. Plus point is you don't get any light glare...

It's only side view thats affected, front is fine.

just found this

UK law currently states that the driver and front passenger windows must only be treated with a light tint.
The back windows can be treated with any shade.
The front windscreen must be free of any shading, apart from a 6" strip across the top.

Note: Driver, front passenger and windscreen must comply with new visible light transmission regulations. Driver and front passenger minimum 70% V.L.T and windscreen min 75% V.L.T.

Hope this helps

WWW.DAPAATINTS.CO.UK

RAHHH!!
not really sei03... not unless its majorly different.. like 70 on front and 5 on rears.
but i'm 35 all around on the megane... which u can see in members pics.. "from old to new".
i did consider 50/35 which isn't that bad.

Last edited:
I think you lot are mad relying on visual aids from other drivers. I wouldn't count on any other driver doing anything. If someone flashes me to pull out, I am still very cautious about doing so, unless they are totally stationary and I can clearly see that there is no other traffic that would impede my route.

The ignorant people around here don't wave to say thanks anyway, as a rule, although I always do. I wouldn't even rely on other driver's indicators until I can see them making the indicated manouvre.

My advice is trust no one on the roads, assume they are all idiots who have never had a lesson and they are in stolen vehicles.

Aren't you supposed to wait for them to finish their manouvre before u pull out anyway?
and it is a good thing to trust no-one on the roads.

Neofolis said:
I think you lot are mad relying on visual aids from other drivers. I wouldn't count on any other driver doing anything. If someone flashes me to pull out, I am still very cautious about doing so, unless they are totally stationary and I can clearly see that there is no other traffic that would impede my route.

The ignorant people around here don't wave to say thanks anyway, as a rule, although I always do. I wouldn't even rely on other driver's indicators until I can see them making the indicated manouvre.

My advice is trust no one on the roads, assume they are all idiots who have never had a lesson and they are in stolen vehicles.

hmm... interesting, you must cause a lot of queues

I see exactly where Neo is coming from on this. Being careful and taking that extra half second to make sure and not taking risks that may not pay of does no-one any harm. It's the gung-ho attitude, overtaking or turning when there isn't enough space to do so that gets people killed :mad:

The Negotiator said:
You guys are crazy! Seeing the other driver is great help!

I think you took it too far when you tried to put your head through the rear window to look at them when you were on your bike :).

How's the head by the way.

Well I can't do my chemical reaction engineering homework so nothing improved dammit :( Hoping it would mix up and sort out a few extra brain cells.

I am still laughing btw at your comment.......I have said it before and will say it again, you're a genuinely funny man.

Back