Technical Window thingies...

Currently reading:
Technical Window thingies...

ratty2k

Anyone else fitted the window thingies... er.. the whatsits.... WIND DEFLECTORS!!!!:D?
I have a 03 plate 1.9D and was on the motorway going MTB ing in Wales and after some heavy rain realised with all the salt and muck and rain I couldn't see out of the window on the drivers door.
People driving with now lights on wasn't helping much either but thats another stotry...
Anyway, back on topic....
Fitted mine today, too 5 days to arrive from Germany (i think!) quality is very good, and very easy to fit. Had some rain and whilst not at motorway speeds they do seem to keep the window clearer.
These: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=190280314266&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=009

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I wouldn't say they were excellent per se, however, on rainy days it does mean I can leave the windows slightly open to ventilate the car, They also cut down on the cross draughts associated with having both windows open and, as has already been said, they also act as a sun visor as you're driving along.
As the ebay ad didn't show the actual deflector as fitted to a dobbin, I think I was expecting something a bit larger.

Last edited:
The sun visor comment is interesting. I find the visors on the Doblo are not a good shape. They are too radiused off at the corners adjacent to the doors, letting the sun in but when fully down they come too far down the screen, restricting visability. I suppose they might be OK for someone 5 feet tall who is just peering through the bottom of the windscreen but not ideal for a 6 footer like myself. I had thought about trying to find some from a different car or making my own.

Back