Technical will not start

Currently reading:
Technical will not start

scoobyg

Hi my fiorino van 1.3 tx 08 and it will not start ? It's turning over but there seems to be no fule coming out of the pump and no power at the glow plugs.also a heater prob its not working but that's an old fault it had before it didn't start. Any help plz.

Last edited:
It's probably a 1,7 TD..??
I never saw or heard of a 1,3 TD..!!
Or is it the New style Fiorino..? ( I'm not familiar with them, I'm afraid...!)
Did you check the fuses?
How about the dieselfuel filter, when was it changed..?

Last edited:
It's probably a 1,7 TD..??
I never saw or heard of a 1,3 TD..!!
Or is it the New style Fiorino..? ( I'm not familiar with them, I'm afraid...!)
Did you check the fuses?
How about the dieselfuel filter, when was it changed..?
thanks for the reply its a 1.3turbo diesel not that familiar myself with them. Checked all fuses and there ok and power. About the filter not to sure but I know the mileage is low but that dose not stand for much I know. But why dose the glow plugs not get power? wife said a fault code came up but I haven't see it yet. Said can check ?

check your glowplug relay unit when u turn ignition on u should here a click after a few seconds

Hi, the can check which appears on the cd /radio display refers to the fuel filter. Normally only see this on start up after changing the fuel filter after service, because the filter is empty at this point! Check the fuel supply at the filter?? The fuel pump could be at fault, its submerged in the tank but you should be able to hear it running when you first turn the ignition on without cranking it over! Pumps can overheat because they rely on the cooling and lubrication of the fuel, 'running on empty' could be a cause of premature failure of the pump! Also at the bottom of the fuel filter there is an electrical connector - check this is secure it may have a dodgy connector Hope this helps, Pete. '08 Fiorino'

Last edited:
Back