Technical 1997 1.7D Wiring Diagram/Non Start Issue

Currently reading:
Technical 1997 1.7D Wiring Diagram/Non Start Issue

Boothington92

Hi all,

I'm struggling to get my 1.7D to start after buying it as a project. It turns over on the battery/starter, but refuses to actually start. I've done the following:

Coolant swap
Oil swap
Fuel filter swapped (topped up with diesel).
Primed fuel line with hand pump

I've tried hand pumping fuel to the injector pump, but nothing is coming through the pump into the injectors. I'm a bit stumped as to what to do next, in all honesty. The timing belt is all good, so nothing wrong there. The pump is just refused to carry stuff through.

If anyone has a wiring diagram for the 1.7D Fiorino, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't think there's any immobilizer (unless there's something OEM they come with?)

Many thanks!

Hi

Most CARS had the early immobilisers by that era.. but commercials can lag behind in tech

Look for a key..or padlock.. symbol on the dash

It should show for a few seconds.. then go out
Thanks for the reply, the key diagram does indeed go away after a few seconds, but the van still doesn't start. Garage was also unable to get it running, but its clearly a fuel delivery issue as its not going through the pump up to the injectors. I just can't figure out why.

The stop solenoid valve on the injector pump may have failed. Look into how to get access to it.

Back