Technical New to thread. Not new to having head under bonnet

Currently reading:
Technical New to thread. Not new to having head under bonnet

oldpunk

Hi Guys,

New to forum but not mendin what ever car I have. Don't trust dealers or many indepenent garages to give you good accurate service and advice so after a long day in my Fiorino every now a then I need to give it The van some tickling.

Same old problem I see from many Multijet owners.

My problem is The engine warning light comes on with limp home ever time I give it the beens @3000 revs full throttle under load. Like a fool I had the UCE error codes read 106 was the familiar code. MAP sensor circuit.(n).

Replaced the damn thing Bosch £80 euro spares. Do:cry:fault still there. should have known Bosch are very reliable. ??????? Looked & listened for any leaks in turbo side pipework that would give an unusual pressure change setting off the engine light, non apparant. Then I turned my attension to the UCU earth to censor readings, power and signal from MAP sensor, Powern 5V, earth 3MV, signal @1.8 volts stationary all the way up to 4.5v on full throttle @3500 revs, the fault light came on.

Removed the EGR valve and actuator WHAT A FRICKIN JOB THAT IS. It was a right mess, my car has done 50,000 mixed drivin. It was blocked at the end of the curved spikey thing that fits in the inlet manifold. cleaded it and even did a re seat on the valves. Re fitted. The car sounded different and bloody flew, with revs all way up to 5000 if you let it run out in each gear, I was givin it some beans:slayer:then if I over did it with the throttle blipping it the damn fault light came on:cry:.

Now is mi thinkin true, MAP sensor fine , EGR as new, The Map reading went smoothy from 1.5 to 4.5v when accelerating then fault. does it sound like the Turbo waste gate sticking letting the boost build to much?

Back