Technical Will check panel cluster fit? And problem with rear defroster

Currently reading:
Technical Will check panel cluster fit? And problem with rear defroster

Hey there.

Just got myself a Tipo 1.4 i.e AGT, I found a similar cluster with the check panel, and wanted to know if it's a straight fit, or something extra is needed before it will work?

My rear defroster is not working, relay is clicking when I operate the button, but screen doesn't heat up, and the bulb in the cluster doesn't light up either.

Plugs are attached at the screen. Does these have problems with snapped cables at the tailgate like other cars? Funny thing is though, that the wiper and number plate lights are working, which leads me to think that it's not the wires, but don't know..

Regards

I would think that the check panel requires electrical connections that are not in place if the car did not leave the factory with a check panel. Have you tried switching the instrument clusters?

For the rear defroster, I would start by grabbing a multimeter and checking whether there is any current at the connection near the rear window and also check the fuse.

Maybe yes. Haven't tried to switch since i wanted to know if anybody had tried, before buying one

Don't have a multimeter, and fuse is checked. But I'll see if I have a friendly person near me, that can measure with one, sometime. But first rust...

Back