Technical Wider stance for Panda 4x4

Currently reading:
Technical Wider stance for Panda 4x4

Has anyone fitted spacers to a 4x4 Panda, mine is '07, to give the car a wider stance without the need of arch extensions? If so please tell me more! Are there other implications to be addressed when fitting? Did this improve handling and/or aesthetics?

Cheers

I would expect the newer model Panda (with what amounts to Fiat 500 running gear) will handle better as they have 50mm wider track subframes. Simply slapping wheel spacers to a 169 will handle badly and won't look "that much" different.

Saying that, it's a short wheelbase car. Making it wider makes it less stable in a straight line.

Wheel spacers at the front will mess up the steering geometry causing bump steer. It will be especially bad off road. At the back, they probably wont have any discernible effect but are likely to stress the wheel bearings. These are not low cost on the 4x4.

You could fit wider wheels, but it will be all about the looks. Don't expect a huge difference in handling.

That is an option, but I quite like the look of the stock Fiat wheels. The wheels do need sprucing up a bit so I'll have to consider whether to do that or perhaps get a wider set.

Back