General Why you no hang onto you first 500?

Currently reading:
General Why you no hang onto you first 500?

having owned several Cinquecento and now several Bravo I can testify to the benefits of replacing (or in my case augmenting) one car with another of the same type

you know all the issues and fixes
you probably have spares/accessories/mods that will transfer over

in my case I recently replaced the Bravo with another Bravo because nothing else really lit my fire
the reason for replacing was age/mileage
nothing else really

the 'new' car is of a slightly higher spec but essentially like a new pair of the same shoes, you soon become comfortable in them

my Mother is on her second Punto and only changed it because of the end of PCP, she would probably get another

having owned several Cinquecento and now several Bravo I can testify to the benefits of replacing (or in my case augmenting) one car with another of the same type

you know all the issues and fixes
you probably have spares/accessories/mods that will transfer over

in my case I recently replaced the Bravo with another Bravo because nothing else really lit my fire
the reason for replacing was age/mileage
nothing else really

the 'new' car is of a slightly higher spec but essentially like a new pair of the same shoes, you soon become comfortable in them

my Mother is on her second Punto and only changed it because of the end of PCP, she would probably get another

When did you consider your bravo to be old?
My uncle replaced his 520i 1998 in 2011 when it had 450,000 km on the clock and replaced it with a 2 generations later 520d = )
I would hope my fiat 500 lasts me 400,000 km without completely collapsing.

When did you consider your bravo to be old?
My uncle replaced his 520i 1998 in 2011 when it had 450,000 km on the clock and replaced it with a 2 generations later 520d = )
I would hope my fiat 500 lasts me 400,000 km without completely collapsing.

black Bravo 5 1/2 years and 82k miles
https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/250094-bravo-tjet150-sport-crossover-black.html

not really old but getting too old to continue to be used as my company car, has now passed to my Fiance :)

I have bought two new 500s, and probably didn't need to buy either. The main "justification" for the second one was that the original would need new tyres soon....

I like 500s, and I don't want one someone else has used. It's nice to have a new car, but it is probably cheaper than my passion for watches and pens. Mind you, watches depreciate even less than 500s even if a service costs more than it does for the Abarth.

This is the first time I've been forced to keep a car past two years (school fees to pay) and I have to say that now I've got past the four year mark I actually woułdnt now consider changing even if had the money to. I've spent so much fixing general wear and tear things that I want the benefit myself. When I used to change every two years of course I missed the expense of new tyres and other wear and tear things. Now of course I've had loads done!

Just hit 40,000 miles at 4.5 years old so can easily keep the next 4 years I need to.

Heidi, hopefully you will now be able to get to another NFM. In the next four years the law of averages says even you will be free on one of the chosen dates. :rolleyes:

p.s. Tell your mum she is always welcome as well. :devil:

This is the first time I've been forced to keep a car past two years (school fees to pay) and I have to say that now I've got past the four year mark I actually woułdnt now consider changing even if had the money to. I've spent so much fixing general wear and tear things that I want the benefit myself. When I used to change every two years of course I missed the expense of new tyres and other wear and tear things. Now of course I've had loads done!

Just hit 40,000 miles at 4.5 years old so can easily keep the next 4 years I need to.

Although you've had more problems than most, the big critical things are where the 500 shines. Other than problems with the wiring to the hatch (which you've had sorted), the 500 has no common electrical issues, there are no common engine issues or gearbox issues. It's just a case of fixing the little things that go wrong and you'll be fine :)

Ours is going to hit 50k in a few weeks time and still feels fantastic :)

Although you've had more problems than most, the big critical things are where the 500 shines. Other than problems with the wiring to the hatch (which you've had sorted), the 500 has no common electrical issues, there are no common engine issues or gearbox issues. It's just a case of fixing the little things that go wrong and you'll be fine :)

Ours is going to hit 50k in a few weeks time and still feels fantastic :)
I've had the boot wiring and the door handle. Also had rear bush arms replaced and on third set of front tyres (but same set rear....guess that says something about my driving style?).

Today DH vaccummed the car out and polished the dash and seat leather and once again it was a new car (apart from the scratch on the bonnet but I can't see that from the inside ha ha)

Back