General Why is it taking so long?!!

Currently reading:
General Why is it taking so long?!!

Re: Fuming!

I went into the Chelmsford dealership 3 weeks ago and the Sales man in there was a complete idiot, he was seriously un-helpful! He told me there was no way on earth I'd be able to test drive a Punto Evo Sporting before ordering one as they were really hard to get hold off he said no dealership would have one to drive, told me there would be at least a 12 week wait and that if I wanted to do the £2000 contribution I best put my order in ASAP as he didn't know how long they were going to be doing that offer for. I also wanted a brochure or something to take back and look at and they didn't have anything at all.

I ended up giving the dealership in Colchester a call Monday morning to see if they would be a bit more helpful. They had a car I could test drive, so I went down after work took the car out for a spin and in a few days put my order in for a 'Progressive Black' Evo Sporting. *Touch Wood* the car is due for delivery end Sept/ start Oct. He did give me a call this week to say that they still intend to meet that date.

So the chelmsford dealership gets the (n)(n)(n)(n) from me.

Do you know who you saw at Chelmsford?? sounds like the same bloke i was dealing with hes a lying tosser!! They are rubbish at chelmsford im considering ringing tomorrow and cancelling my order!

Do you know who you saw at Chelmsford?? sounds like the same bloke i was dealing with hes a lying tosser!! They are rubbish at chelmsford im considering ringing tomorrow and cancelling my order!

I did have his business card but that went straight in the bin. He was a young lad, didnt look like he was long outta nappies :eek:

If you do ring and cancel I recommend Colchester, they seem to be spot on so far. Even when the guys says I'll ring you to let you know how its going he does.

I did have his business card but that went straight in the bin. He was a young lad, didnt look like he was long outta nappies :eek:

If you do ring and cancel I recommend Colchester, they seem to be spot on so far. Even when the guys says I'll ring you to let you know how its going he does.
Oh yes i know the one you mean he was sat on hes computer playing games when i walked in last time!! He aint been there very long!

oh dear dont go dsalmon, they may be good when it comes to selling the car but the rest of their service is crap, they wont even put the right oil in, they will bung in what ever they have in stock

Whose that Colchester?

chadwell heath, especially if you tell them you are a fiat forum member, you get VIP treatment then :)

Hmm that's quite far to go, is southend any good do you know?

I ordered my Evo Sporting back in June. It's been sitting at code 16 right up until last week.

Not surprised as the Italian paperwork takes ages to be updated on the FIAT computers after the Euro Holiday.

Had the phone call today saying the car has landed in the UK.

Looks like the Evo Sportings are here. Just a case of the admin checking their computers.

Luckily for me I've known my salesman and his admin girls a long time. They don't give me fluff or flannel. Just how it is, which is how we like it. Helps if you have the admin phone number and the order number for your car.

Have patience (which is easy for me to say I know). You won't lose the finance deal. Historically if the deal has been accepted on finance them they will honour it for up to 90 days after the deal ended. This might have changed. At worst case you can sign the paperwork on the last day of September and get the deal.

Ordered mine July 8th date of delivery has been moved to end October :( Since logging a complaint they have been very pro-active but it shouldn't have to come down to complaints for the customer service to begin...

I've requested written confirmation of the offer, but as you say these offers are usually honoured

Phoned my dealer today, he said myne was code 50, and has past customs and is at the port in the UK waiting to be picked up and transported to my dealer in shrewsbury :D Get it in the next 7 days.

ordered myne 28th June so looks like its a 12 week wait for everyone

My dealer rang me today also, mine is now on the boat so at least 3 weeks till delivery :cry::cry::cry:. Ordered 17th July but at least its on its way :):).Just glad to hear people plus my self are getting updates on their cars

Mine is on the boat now to!!!!!! Yay!! Have been told I wll have it by end of the month!!!

Me either! And ive started seeing loads lately! :(

Haha i've still not really seen any! just getting annoyed at seeing loads of 60 reg's and not having mine! Just want my car gone now its taken so long its actually filled with cob webs i have living tenants in it!!

Back