Technical Punto evo with misfire found out why.

Currently reading:
Technical Punto evo with misfire found out why.

T140v

Hi all, after messing with this punto for a while swapping coil packs, injectors and spark plugs I made a M14 to M12 adaptor so I could use a compression tester to check the engine health.
Checked no1, no compression.
Problem solved, off to the scrapyard.

Thank you for letting us know because most people don't bother telling the outcome and neither do they bother to start another thread about the same subject. (y)

You can possibly replace the engine with a refurbished one. Check prices before scrapping it. Chances are that the cost is much less than buying a new used car with new problems. (y)

Thank you for letting us know because most people don't bother telling the outcome and neither do they bother to start another thread about the same subject. (y)

You can possibly replace the engine with a refurbished one. Check prices before scrapping it. Chances are that the cost is much less than buying a new used car with new problems. (y)
Thanks, its a bit frustrating to read posts without a conclusion, decided to cut and run and not put another potentially troublesome multiair unit (if we could find one) into a car that is not really worth a lot.

If your car has a multiair unit, no compression is caused by a stuck underside hydraulic actuator, that holds the valve a little bit open, and does not retract as it should. Not a cylinder problem.
Get the multiair out and test again, probably will have proper compression without the MA unit to push the valve down all the time. If this is the case, find a couple working actuators, replace your stuck ones and your problem will probably be solved. I have the same problem, especially during cold start. I am in search for a donator MA unit, as i cannot find one here in Greece and don't want to pay 1000€ for this ridiculous problem ...

Back