Why import a 1982 MG metro to the US?

Currently reading:
Why import a 1982 MG metro to the US?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
maybe they want to make a 6R4 replica

1984-mg-metro-6r4.jpg

Well people import american dross over here not just good cars but stuff like Ford crown vics and A.M.C. pacers so maybe just because it's different.

collectible now the older and later British Leyland cars [MG is just a rebadge really, with bits and bobs from the BL parts bins]

When I started driving I used to own Mini's, a few cars later I had an MG Metro and it was ace!! another few cars later and I bought an MG Metro Turbo, now that is/was an underated car, it was fantastic, but a moment of madness saw me swap it for a Fiat Strada Cabriolet, it was summer and I wasnt thinking properly, I was ripped off. :mad:

LOL actually now ive read my own post I can see where he is coming from. Its obviouslyly a collectable and will be ultra rare.

I see what you mean about people importing US crap.

I just hated mine and also I crashed my Renault 5 into the back of one at about 8mph and it folded up like a concertina with no damage to the Renault - which was also an upset.

I just hated mine and also I crashed my Renault 5 into the back of one at about 8mph and it folded up like a concertina with no damage to the Renault - which was also an upset.

must have been bad condition, coz i could run mine into a tree and the car would win, tough little git mine:D

Back