Styling Why doesnt anyone put the schu bumper on the normal stilos???.....

Currently reading:
Styling Why doesnt anyone put the schu bumper on the normal stilos???.....

just a quick question for everyone, i was just wondering why know one puts the schumacher rear bumpers on the standard stilos?

Is there a problem with the fitment or something?

As I thought the schumacher rear bumper looks much smarter than the standard one :)

If yours is anything like mine it will collect stone chips like stamps. That could be the nose down ass up stance that doesnt help. I have noticed im geting less now i have filled the boot to lower the car.

i think it's like a £300+ bumper, which is alot of money considering. I've had two front bumpers now, both for £40 never seen any shumacher ones come up for sale. Also, you can put the schumacher bumper on a 5 door, i swear there's a wagon on ebay with one on the front in blue.

You get a replica bumper or an original?

Also, you can put the schumacher bumper on a 5 door, i swear there's a wagon on ebay with one on the front in blue.

The original 3-door (or 5-door) bumper does not line up with the front wings on the 5-door (or 3-door). They are possible to fit to each other, but you can clearly see they don't match. Doesn't the Schumacher bumper have these front lines?

just to let you all know. the bumper in the body shop atm, and i should have it on next week :).

ive also now got coilovers, and a set of claws to put on. the claws will be on some time this month when they have been painted.

ill upload pics of when the different parts are added

Personally i would give the bumper a few weeks before puting it on. It will let the paint dry and reduce the risk of chips. I really wish i had a spare one to put on to let mine dry when i had it resprayed.

After a couple of weeks of been a tad busy, finally starting to sort stuff out for the car.
i have got:
AP coilovers ( not fitted yet)
abarth claw wheels ( painted, but need rubber now!)
and a schumacher rear bumper ( FITTED today!)
and a HID kit anti glare ( getting delivered next week )
arm rest

Managed to fit the bumper today, will put pics up tomorrow in the light!.
also found out that there was a abarth stilo fresh into my local scrapy, so i was straight down there today to rip the arm rest out of it, so ill be fitting that tomorrow.

what HID's did you go with out of interest?

well in the end, i couldnt be bothered atm with putting bi-xenon projector units in my lights so iv just ordered a set of HID's

They are 6000K H7R type, the "R" meaning the bulbs have little reflecters in them to stop excess glare. Its so my lights wont blind everyone else on the roads, as I hate people who have HID'S in standard light units where the beam pattern is everywhere and anywhere. these anti glare HID'S are supposed to stop this. but we shall see when i get them in the car.

got a linky?? i couldnt find any when i had a look...

EDIT: if its nto too late id go for 4300K the light output is MUCH better, and allot less strenuos when driving at night, 6000k looks "cool and blue" but is a bit pants when its pitch black...

EDIT2: i just googled H7r....quite easy to find now, let us know how the beam pattern looks..

Last edited:
Back