Why do chicken flavoured crisps taste less like chicken than anything else, ever?

Currently reading:
Why do chicken flavoured crisps taste less like chicken than anything else, ever?

custard

well it depends what your basing your chicken flavour on.
your thinking of the taste of chicken meat whereas the flavour they use is based on a reduced chicken stock or boullion.that is what they taste like ;)

captain_swing

It could be because they haven't been anywhere near anything resembling a chicken in their lives. It's all done with petroleum based additives. (n)

PNL

Banned
captain_swing said:
It could be because they haven't been anywhere near anything resembling a chicken in their lives. It's all done with petroleum based additives. (n)

Oooooo would that be high or low octain petroleum based additives and if i eat i few boxes of them and then peeeed into my stilo petrol tank do you think the car would run smoooother :p :D

I was thinking this just yesterday when I tried some Nobby's balti chicken crsisps which tasted like neither balti nor chicken :( The only crisps that do taste like what they're meant to are the simple ones like salt and vinegar or cheese and onion.

serin

***** Friendly
has anyone noticed that Walkers cheese and onion are blue, when everyone elses are green :chin:

and their salt and vinegar are green, when all the rest are blue :confused:

WHY!!!!

do they do this to confuse me and make my life hard :cry:

pinin__prestatyn

smell my cheese
Anyone tried the hedgehog flavour crisps that were on sale yonks ago? wonder if they tasted like the real thing, and who was their taste consultant, a fox? :D

angel

Mrs arseofbox
Ok goin off on a tangent, chicken pot noodle dont taste like chicken either!!!

angel

Mrs arseofbox
oh wow decent forks for sunday lunch yippeeeeee... thing is do u like the soy sauce or not?? Hmmmm big decision