• Men

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Women

Votes: 19 13.6%
  • Elderly

Votes: 43 30.7%

• Total voters
Definately Young Drivers.

Nearly all of my m8s have had 1+ crash. i've not crashed yet, people keep saying i will, they can keep dreaming ;)

If they all drove Cinq's none of em would crash ;)

MiG

i think old people, and chavs cause the most/worst accidents... usually when because of each other...

old people drive annoyingly slow, and have even slower reactions, and chavs generally drive annoying fast and have no reactions, or comon sense.

like this morning, i was just about to turn out onto normal-ish road (its blind from one way), not a main road or anything, and theres this old lady driving a nissan micra (why do they all drive micra's?)... at about 20mph in a 40mph zone, when this retard in a clapped out fiesta over took round a bollard onto my side of the road (had i pulled out), and past the micra and back in again, before the other bollard. if i'd pulled out 3 seconds sooner, i wouldn't have had much of a bravo anymore, and he'd probably be dead cos his car was that rusty, and the old lady probably wouldnt have noticed a thing.

and last night, i was following another car that was doing 30mph at the most, on a 60mph road, was driving all over the place (it went over the white line about 20 times in 4 miles, and nearly into the hedges when there was no lines at all), nearly had 4 head on crashes... stopped dead at a totally empty roundabout, nearly drove into the roundabout aswell, and nearly cut me up on another roundabout. got no idea who or how old the driver was, but s/he was either drunk, old, or tired.

but after saying all that statistically women have more accidents, but they're things like parking accidents and shunts, where as men generally hit stuff alot harder, and faster.

and young people foot the bill.
i skipped that phase tho, i was on my dads insurance till i was 21, then i was paying about £500 a year, now i'm paying £300 (i'm 24 now)
but my girlfriend, 18, driving just under a year, and driving a 1.0 12v Corsa, worth £1400 max, is paying £1250 a year fully comp.

i think you should get your money back if you dont crash. :D

oh and after all that, i vote for holiday makers!
where i live, the locals can manage all winter without a fatal or major accident on our little (but busy) stretch of road, which is almost stright (no corners you cant take at 60mph), and its got 4 juntions and a 2 roundabouts either end (5 miles), yet in the summer we get a major crash on the straight bits, every week, and a fatal crash on the junction every month! and its never locals that cause them! and i cant figugre out why? how hard is it to drive on a straight road?

Last edited:
old people!!!!!!!

coming down the national speed road doing 60 and some old fella saw me, pulled out and ive never been so scared in my life, emergency stop at 60 and just stopped with a few inches to spare, honked the horn and he was f'ing oblivious, grrr:mad: :bang: :bang:

also chavs are another high insurance risk:mad:

okay I put young drivers, but it should say "new drivers".

Having just past my test I know how scary it is on the road, being on your own for the first time in a car your not used to is dangerous, you just dont get taught how to control the car enough, you get taught how to pass your test, I never had to learn bay parking, yet whats one of the first things you need to practically do? park in a car park! I was never taught how to deal with agressive road users, how to keep your cool.

I think its unfair that just being a new driver means higher insurance, but i can understand why.

I was quoted £1,838 TPFT for a 1998 Mk1 Punto sporting 1.2 16v from www.ecarinsurance.co.uk. I was then quoted £1,752 TPFT for a 1999 2.0 litre 16v Ford Focus:eek:

I'm 18 with no NCB, but come on, which car would i rather pay to be insured on going by that quote?:rolleyes: 85hbhp Punto or 130bhp Focus.

It just shows that some companies are kicking up the insurance based on the name of the vehicle rather than whats under the bonnet

i.e - Small car, small engine = deffinate boy racer.
Medium sized car, big engine = sensible mature "young driver"

program on tv tonight about how bad some older drivers are! anyone see it? some of the incidents were just awful!!

i recon nearly all taxi drivers are nob-head drivers,they alway cut me up and tail-gate me.

A few times ive had a taxi rite up me arse,so i slow'd down to about 15 from 30 in a 30 limit.then we came up to a round about and he trys to over take me but no chance...im on coilovers:D :D then were off the round about on another straight before a other round about,he trys to over take me but i speed up and dont let him.the same happens at the next round about and were on to another straight...with a speed camera on it.so he overtakes me but im playing with him not letting him in until were right close to the camera.i brake...he cuts in and flash flash:D :D :D :D :D :D he got caught speeding.:slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :devil:

Im 17 with a cinq sporting and im paying £1135 tpft:eek: :eek: and thats with 1 year ncb from a moped

I drive slow around town but country lanes thats a diff story.

I dont think we can put the blame down to of specific group of people as we all make mistakes,and the groupss all have there good points and there bad points.

Done something a little similar before. Some chav in a Saxo all over the back of my diesel tipo... Pulls alongside at a set of dual carriageway traffic lights revving his lawnmower.. I mean engine. I'm thinking he looks stupid enough so I give the TD a whoosh.. he's hook line and sinker.

Off the lights and I whoosh ahead upto the 40mph speed limit.. here he comes catching.. passing.. and through the Gatso FLASH FLASH... on come his brake lights.. Too late stupid :D

Back