• Men

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Women

Votes: 19 13.6%
  • Elderly

Votes: 43 30.7%

• Total voters
Ozzie1989 said:
Sounds like a good system to me, heck everyone thinks Grannies drive Doblo's so I'd be quids in ;)

No, the speed you drive some one would be up your backside all the time causing road rage :p they should charge you more your a danger:devil:

Steve

No one can keep up with my Doblo to get up my arse, they're so shocked it goes so quick they forget to accelerate and whooosh I'm gone! (y)

Also I think the "Cheap insurance until you have an accident that's your fault" like Trancendental said.

Sounds weird but for me it would be speed cameras as the traffics moving along nicely then everyone has to brake and get going again, change lane for no reason, pain in the arse.

Woman rolled forward and caught the side of my 1.6 in May, estimate from local Fiat Dealer was £ 1100. My insurance company didnt want to know, even though I reported it to them, as lady had admitted liability in front of a witness... ended up asking my broker because I had assumed my insurance company would sort it out being fully comp and insured to the hilt, they put me in touch with their claims handling service. Took the car for an estimate with their repairer whom got upto £1600 and was still counting :eek: Car repaired twice, once with paint missing and poorly re-assembled and second time with a slight paint mis-match... who is pushing up premiums :chin: Got fed up with the 1.6 saga end August and chopped it for the JTD...

I would of ticked every box on there if i was able too, Every one causes crashes.

But manly i would have to say its who ever is having a bad day that day lol

Na to be honest ive never hit another car or been hit by another car but ive got funny eyes i see fully from the left to the right, Had a short time when chavs in pugs where almost hitting me at every turn, But its manly old people... You know that kind that speed trow the 30 zone at 40 and stick and 40 when they hit the main roads, You dont got much you can do other then over take them cause the guy behind you is reving his engine sticking his fingers up and pushing closer to your bumper.

Its Chavs as well, Ive been driven cars since i was 14 cars old Yes yes i was once a chav at one point too sure you all where but they had different name for you lot back when you where young thou. And yet i state ive never crashed a car or been involved in any damage to another car or bike or bus lol or even truck.

Its idiots that cause the problems, Like other people have said chavs pulling down school roads at 50 to 60mph and reving the hell out of there cars at every turn, But yer yer sure you aint ever put your foot down,

Some people put there foot down in good places some dont, where all to balme for it, Some one over taking a oldey or some one over taking a new driver, Your actions can cause them to lose concertration on the road. Every one is too blame, I see it every day on the road,

Chavs speeding - All the time
Young Drivers - waiting till your about 2ft away from the turn then they pull out on you to show how fast they can do it
Women - They aint too bad half the time cause they normaly got there kids in the car, There bad when there trying to find some where, Looking out of side windows and not slowing down and drive in the back of ya
Older People - Reg eye tests and having to take there test again at 60 would be a good idea, Lose eye sight lack of control. Some nutter told them driven 2lt sports cars wasa good idea !!!!!

Watch it next time on the road when you think its a chav coming up behind you in the modded car then you look out the windows too see a 80 year old flying past you lmao !!!!

I dont think its just one group to blame i think its all of us, Who does not speed when there in a rush, Who forgets to hit the indicatior every now and then and who fortgets to check there mirror before slamming the breaks on !!!!!

Aside from the persistently careless and inattentive (who can be young or old, male or female to be fair), uninsured drivers and drivers of poorly maintained vehicles.

And something that amazes me, why in the UK do we have no requirement for learner drivers to demonstrate their ability on motorways? I am constantly mortified by the standard of "driving" you see on them, and although mile-for-mile they are safer, any accident is likely to be very expensive.

Well I am a woman but I have to say women drivers (not me ) are terrible at times especially when it comes to getting in lane and elderly get on my tits too oh and little boys in their Novas with their Vicky Pollard girlfriends sitting in the front with a Tab!! Oh and dont even get me started on 30 something sales reps in company BMWs .................................

TDF said:
Funny you should say that steve, most of my near miss's have been with elderly drivers. I'm thinking they may well cause a whole load of accidents, making people avoid them etc. but potter off into the distance oblivious to the carnage they have caused.

Heheh an old guy on a bicycle managed to write off my mother's mini when she was young. She ended up upside down in the middle of the road. He didn't even turn around to look, just wobbled away.

I think anyone can be an asshole on the road, but tbh I've had almost anyone but a young driver give me ****. The other day was mental, seemed to be The Day for people at roundabouts deciding they would just steer into my lane. Braking to avoid van drivers just careening across 4 lanes, literally was steering into the side of my car. :bang:

Old people in my area drive hazardously slow, sometimes I wish more minimum speed limits were introduced and enforced. The fact that slow drivers don't seem at all bothered by the quarter-mile queues of traffic that can build up behind them is mind boggling :eek:. It should be considered that people like that drive others to overtake dangerously because they're plain frustrated.

if they stopped young fells from going on DADDYS insurance and made them pay their own, they'd be a lot less likely to act the Idiot showing off to thier friends. For us who get off our ass and work hard to pay for our insurance to see some gob**** driving around like a fecken loonatic in daddys car is a right kick in the nuts.:bang:

:hm: A tricky subject however it all comes down to personal experiences.
Just last week i was thankful for my stilo's excellent brakes when a young driver decided to cut across me:mad:

However I have come across my fair share of 'older' drivers, usually in Rovers, volvos.... whom are oblivious to all around including the vehicle that is overtaking them....screeech:eek:

Also we must consider drivers whom have no insurance:mad: :mad:
This particularly drives cost up when the victim has to claim of their own insurance:cry:

Car vandalism is another factor. Loads of cars round here get scratched. Who does this and why?:bang:

I think i could write a book..........:idea:

I haven't voted cause I wanna tick all the boxes :(

I think everyone...

I didn't have my first accident till August this year.. that was nearly 5yrs driving without any accidents at all!!! and I have driven heavily modified cars, and fast cars...

But people tend to say it's younger ones as they don't have the experience.. IMO.. I just think thats a brilliant excuse for Insurance companies to rape new drivers! I paid £1,400 for a 1.4 Corsa when I passed.. and I know it's gone up since then… Can you blame people for not declaring Mods..

I work in Luton and if you could see some of the driving that goes on you'd die... and most of that is from the driving instructors... if we all learned to drive properly first then no one would need to pay high premiums... lol

All in all everyone as the majority of people are involved in a bump at some point during there driving life!!!

ChrisUK said:
Yes I can if you can't afford the extra premium don't modify......

I agree with you on the rest of it though they engineer statistics to rape young drivers.

It's a joke, tho I had a 1.6 Saxo VTR with tints, alloys, lexus lights and zorst as mods, I was 20 at the time and was paying £850 (all mods declared) I sold it and bought a Civic Typer R (2.0) and paid £700 so how can a car that is double the power therefore double the danager be cheaper...

And no it's not cause the Saxo was a chav mobill!!! lol

well i think the insurence company waste alot of money themselves, for instance i work in the accounts for a for dearlership with there own service and bodyshop, when the insurence company pay for a claim instead of sending the cheques in the ones envolope we get about 100 a week on a slow week just imagine how much postage that is when you consider how many claimes there pay out for, i know its only postage but it soon adds up and they claim that back by charging ppl.

But yeah i think there do charge the younger ppl more ive just renewed mine and im still paying the young person excess im bloody 24 nearly 25 how can i still be classed in the young ppls group along with 17-18 year olds :confused:

Valeen said:
But yeah i think there do charge the younger ppl more ive just renewed mine and im still paying the young person excess im bloody 24 nearly 25 how can i still be classed in the young ppls group along with 17-18 year olds :confused:

Because it can be split into 17-24 and 25 and over ;)

I think young-middle age men (especially ones in flash cars, white vans or workmen/trade) are the worst.

It was a really hot sunny day the other day as I was driving to work. (The distance was only about a 20 minute drive) and I was nearly involved in 4 accidents!!!

(And just to point out that NONE of them were my fault).

Firstly, I was in a queue in the right hand filter lane, ready to turn right. There was oncoming traffic so I was waiting for the traffic to stop, and my exit to clear. SUDDENLY, some PRATT in a white van with some plumbing company came up the left hand lane, pulled infront of me, indicating to turn right and then ended up stuck in the middle of the road as the exit wasn't clear....

2nd one was some pratt in a black high-powered exec car (Audi / SAAB / BMW kind...) I was driving down a quiet industrial road, he was coming the other way. Suddenly, he decided to do a U-Turn, right in front of me!

3rd was at the END of the same road. It was a junction. I was turning right. The exit was clear and as I pulled out the junction, some idiot in a white transit van decided to drive straight across the junction. I had right of way, but I had to stop in the middle of the road!

4th one was some idiot in a blue mondeo almost pull out of a side street in front of me!

I'm just glad I was alert and aware that day!

Just to point out, I was in the right every time, I had right of way, signalled, checked my mirrors and wasn't speeding... I avoided 4 accidents by being alert and taking measures to prevent accidents, yet I have an insurance bill for £600 / year for a 998CC FIAT PANDA!!! because of my age (26 now), with no NCB, and 8 points.

i have to say young people... the number of people my age who write off cars, go buy another one then write that one off too...

im guilty of driving dangerously at times, but most of the time i try to relax and be safe.
theres just that temptation constantly to speed up and see how fast the car will corner....:eek:

I'd have to say young drivers (I'm only 18), and yes have my own insurance, but all bad experiences (so far) i have had is women driving SUV's, which they clearly are the size of a smaller car!!!

Back