Panda (Classic) White Panda Mania 34k miles

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) White Panda Mania 34k miles

Hello, new to the forum, but had a couple of classic pandas in the past. just got this beauty from ebay! (y)

1992 750 panda "mania" totally standard, with just under 34k on the clock :cool:

i have just put some pics up in the gallery but it won't let me share as i don't have enough posts(?)

cheers

That sounds like a really cool car! I can't think of 1 reason not to love classic Pandas and, if my drive was big enough, I'd love one myself... Hope you get loads of fun out of it!

cheers guys, taken a few more pictures today next to my dads pair of T25 Syncro's, the panda looks like a toy! will get them on here as soon as it will allow me!

just replaced the bit of hose from the rocker cover to air box, it had perished and cracked and ordered some new locks and keys, little jobs, but make the over all car closer to perfect! :D

[edit] that was my 5th post, so i should be able to get pictures on here now!

PhotoEditor-1455473354208.jpg

1455386551158.jpg

_575.jpg

_580.jpg

_574.jpg

Last edited:
Full of so much character - I took our 750L on a 2350 mile trip to Italy and back with some other members last summer :)

cool, me and a mate did a 3000 mile euro trip in his turd brown 998cc mini auto a few years ago! that had 19k miles on when we started, the head gasket popped the week before! it started to struggle to get into 3rd gear in the south of france and I ended up "repairing" the leaking windscreen surround with butter! good times! (y)

does anyone know of a source/alternative to the black foam under the bonnet, its gone a bit "crispy" and fairly sure its gonna disintegrate if I touch it!

more little jobs done today!

1st job was swap out all the locks and ignition barrel, so a) i would have 1 key for the car instead of 2, and b) my boot would actually lock!

all went well with the doors and boot, watched a youtube vid for the doors, and the boot is literally 3 nuts and remove, refit new one!

struggled a bit with the ignition, searched on here and found numerous threads saying how easy it is, and just pull this off and that off and its all magic and nice, nothing of which matched up with what i was looking at!

got it done in the end though - i will be posting a decent how to with pics later!

also, with the door cards off i could get a look inside the doors to see if they had been welded up in the past, passenger door, all original, minor surface rust on inside! NICE!

drivers door, looked OK to start with, but on a closer look with my phone camera stuck in the door, i could see the bottom rear corner has been welded, looks like it had gone at the joint of the inner and outer skins, all in all not too bad, i will be getting these filled with waxoyl asap :)

also, the drivers door card has started to tear apart at the top, and a couple of the clips have broken, so i will be looking for a replacement for this soon too!

gave the roof lining a quick clean as it had some white mold/dust on it, and went round all the rubber seals (doors, boot, bonnet) with gummi pflege, (2 wonderful words!) that is supposed to bring rubber seals back up to form, so they look nice now!

also raised the rubber stops under the bonnet so i can open it without a helper!

after running the engine for a while i noticed a bit of steam coming from the top hose where it joins the engine - so thats the next job! i think it may just be corrosion, so will give it a clean up 1st rather than replace the hose...

I couldn't wait any longer and taxed the panda anyway! its only £12 a month! :D

i fixed the slightly leaky hose, it was corroded, and the jubilee clip wasn't on the hose correctly, so a quick clean up and trimmed the hose, all sorted!

next little job was test vacuum advance - no resistance while sucking on it, so ordered a new one, fitted that yesterday, trimmed the cracked hose and it now runs brilliantly! i must have gained 5bhp! ha! so anyone who hasn't checked their vac advance, test it today!

took it up on t' moors for a couple of pics!

wesenden_small.jpg

wesenden_side_wide_small.jpg

wesenden_rear_small.jpg

couldn't be bothered blanking plates anymore... :)

next job, new engine mounts! ;)

this is up near the highest point in west yorkshire - black hill, above Meltham/Holmfirth near Huddersfield :)

just noticed your sig, i also have a legacy, but its a '05 Spec B estate! its the main reason i bought a panda, to save fuel! :D

Last edited:
it is actually! much better with the vac advance fixed, new engine mounts should make it even better, the engine is easy to wobble around by hand, so can imagine it moves a lot when i unleash all 34 bhp! lol

i will probably look at changing shocks and springs at some point - keeping it standard though, just a refresh! :)

Back