Whistling noise when driving please help

Currently reading:
Whistling noise when driving please help

T

Tom

Ive noticed a whistle coming from the front of my Fiat Bravo 1.8 HLX, sounds similar to wind whistling through windows almost, Most noticeable when traveling above 30, Would be greatfull to any ideas you guys may have

Cheers Tom

Is it when you have the air vent on in your car? If so you prob have a leaf or something inside the vent so don't worry!

The pixies have put a turbo in.

Big smiley

Scotty

scotty_sig.jpg

No i never really use the heating in the car and is only noticeable when the window is open

yeah wish it was a turbo car is going alot slower since i put my new 18s on yesturday lol

'sounds similar to wind whistling through windows almost'

'No i never really use the heating in the car and is only noticeable when the window is open '

you answered yourself ;):)

rascalsig.jpg

no it defiantly is not because the window is open i have had car for nearly 2 yrs and always drive with
the window open but has only recently started to happen recently

i'd replace my cabin/pollen air filter. The whistling is probably coming from your vents because opening the window alters the dynamics of the airflow in the car. basically, theres a small vent underneath your back bumper so that the air pressure is released when you put your heaters/air con on. Its not really adequate though. And when you open your window, even just a wee crack, it makes a massive difference. While parked, Try putting your blower on halfway, get close to one of the vents, then open your window a wee bit. You'll feel it get a bit stronger. Also, after changing the pollen filter, you'll notice the fans are stronger. You'e got an HLX, which means probably air-con, which means almost certainly it has provision for a pollen filter. Its probably not been changed for years. They often aren't. Its a 5 minute job to do, and the filters cost about £15. Altrnatively you could just take it out i suppose. But i'd replace it.

Wow, thats a lot of typing for such a simple answer. I wonder if i could have made it any more convoluted...

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4 & now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

cheers for the response where exactly will i find the pollen filter and where can you get them from

Open bonnet, look under towards the scuttle panel under passenger side window wiper. You'll notice a small plastic hatch/cover held in with two bolts. Undo that and you'll gain access to the pollen filter.

To buy, you can use any motorfactors, fiat or shop4parts.co.uk Approx £15-£18

cheers thanks for that mate will pop down to motor factors tomorrow and see if that does the trick

Could it be the Alternator Bearing maybe?
Happened on me 1.6 and is currently the same on me sisters siecento......

Justin

How much does it cost to get that fixed , can you do it your self or is it a grage job?

Garage did mine for 20 quid as it needs to be pressed in

is that what it is then?

Justin

im not definite that it is the alternator bearing but quite a few ppl have told me that its probably that , what did your sound like when it went

It didn't quite "Go" but it was a cross between a rubbing and whistle