Technical Whirring noise

Currently reading:
Technical Whirring noise

Jakeyboy1994

Hello guy's PLEASE HELP!! I have a Fiat Stilo 2002 1.8 dynamic. Just lately I have heard a whirring noise coming from the front. The noise only appears when I'm driving slow (5-20mph). When I accelerate the noise disappears. Have any of you guys had the same problem?? Ive looked on different forums and there is so many answers from the heat shield on the brakes rubbing to problems with the transmission. Any help would be appreciated cheers guys :)

have you looked at the heat shield on the brake disks?, if your disks are worn or has excessive corrosion then they will rub expecially at lower speeds were the wheels are trying to pull away so more chance them rubbing.
Quick fix is to bend the heat shield away from the disks, but a change of disks are in order your next brake pad change.
Also have you checked the bearings are ok, if there is any lateral movement on the wheel when you jack it up that would cause the problem as well as the disk would wobble until the tourque levels lower with speed causing the noise on the disk or the bearings themselves.

Last edited:
Back