Technical Which starter motor is on my Doblo

Currently reading:
Technical Which starter motor is on my Doblo

fletcher7751

Hi all

I'm trying to find out which starter motor is fitted to my 2008 1.9 Multijet 105 hp doblo

The 17 digit VIN is rejected by eper, it starts with ZFA223

I guess it's a 3C223 by year?

On 3C223 it doesn't show a starter motor, only key switch.

Whereas on the 2W223 it does list starters, and M30 compatibility says there are three motors total from Bosch and Marinelli, so manuf alone doesn't seem to be certain to get the right one.

Can somebody advise me how l can find out which starter motor is fitted from the VIN, and then any advice on which reconditioned one to buy?

As usual, thanks to all for helping

Good advice, and normally l would,but......
I'm having a clutch and DMF replaced in two weeks, and while they're off I'm having the starter and clutch slave replaced as both are suspected of their own issues. I normally do my own servicing on my drive, but with no garage l'm getting the clutch done by others.
An auto sparks friend has sourced a starter for me, but l would like to make sure it's the right one if poss.
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated

Thanks again
I couldn't remember the FiatDalys site, although l had used it before
If it accepted my VIN and came up with a part number i'd be tempted to go with it
Have you an idea where the part number would be on the original, would it be visible from the top after battery tray out, or below with the undertray off?
Used to be five minutes to get a starter motor off in the old days.....
Really appreciated your help

Thanks
I tried 7zap and it believed my vin and gave me one part, a Bosch 55192482, i'll try a photo as you say too, but am happy that at least it was relevant and specific to my car. I'll update later and thanks again for your time and help

I did an engine service this weekend and whilst the undertray was off l took out the battery tray too to see if l can identify the starter motor brand/part number. It looks like it has three bolts, something that one of the suppliers asked me to confirm as he said there are two types, one with two bolts and the other with three. There are two from the engine side about 120 degrees apart, and one from the battery side that is said to live in a hole in the casing and it takes a T30 that is not visible but feelable. I found one hole and inserted a 75mm torx that disappeared and stayed there despite every effort l made to extract it, is this the right one? I've ordered two 3kg pull 8mm dia x 25 long magnets and hope to get it out when they arrive.
I can't find any other opening for a bolt feeling along all that area from where the starter motor is fixed and that was the only one, any further and the bellhousing takes you too far away from possibly being attached to the starter.
I've taken photos from every angle l can, and also used an inspection camera around the starter to identify it, with no markings found at all, The only info gleaned was a pattern on the starter casing that is on the attached photo, clearer if it's blown up. If anybody has come across this and can tell me whose it might be l'll be very grateful. Thanks a usual.

Attachments

• Doblo starter.jpg
    Doblo starter.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
I got a new starter motor outright from the Alternator and Starter Motor Company for £100 delvd., who were brilliant in helping me id the right part. Williams mobile clutch came and did that, and replaced my clutch slave and the starter at the same time, took Kevin around five hours on his own, and what a meticulous worker he is, thoroughly recommended, checkout his videos online. The old starter had no numbers on it, but the replacement 2.1kw was spot on, It spins so fast now, it will start without going through the glow plug sequence, but l do anyway. Clutch is light and progressive, the old friction plate wasn't worn out, the release bearing was grumbly and the pressure plate fingers were quite worn, but the DMF did cause kangarooing especially on damp and cold mornings. Thanks for all the advice, just posting a query on the MOT emissions now......

Last edited:
Had better look at the old starter motor with my new glasses.....it has the following numbers on it

Bosch 0 001 108 234 (235)
A152
20080 113.00:12:22 1N

If any members need a starter motor, this one is free if you pay the postage.
I could have tried brushes and cleaning the commutator but it had to be done on the day with the clutch being changed.

Thanks for your report, I have a similar problem on my 2007 19d cargo 76k from new please? the starter seems slower the clutch jubdders as you described do you recall what you paid for the clutch, dmf and starter motor job in total

Hi,
thank you very much for the numbers.
I guess, i have the same starter in, and i noticed a somehow loath behaviour before. I knew that my battery was still the first one (13 years old), and therefore i blamed that behaviour on the battery. I bought a brand new AGM Battery for about 100 Euros. (An ordinary one would have cost me about 80.)
What shall i say: The van starts like new till then. I even switch off the engine at traffic lights and restart it since then. All is running fine now with enough amps from the battery.
Mine is from 2008 (almost 100,000 miles run) as well and its first three lifes happened in the Ruhrgebiet hardly ever been able to run more than 50km at one stretch. After having cleaned all the wiring connections which i could reach before the new battery has been the dot on.
Good luck with yours

Back