Which headunit?

Currently reading:
Which headunit?

That one on ebay is only on for £35 (1 day left, no bids) - bit weird?

I am not a particular audiophile but I'd rather buy a good HU than a bad one!

Apple: Well I would consider a new uni but I doubt what I would get would meet my criteria.

Id get the nak unit if you can. If its working properly it'll be one of the best units you can get. Otherwise i did see a few bargain JVC units going not so long ago. one of the top end dvd mp3 units going for £90 guy on the clio forums got one.

What is the one on ebay worth? I am finding it hard to compare with anything! The bloke doesn't know a great deal about them but seems polite and genuine enough.

They were around £300 new a few years ago. So if you get it for £30 and its working brilliant!

There great sounding units naks but they have been known for some reliability issues.

But there viewed as the audiophiles choice in car systems.

Cool, no bids at £35 and £10 postage, asked him what he wants to end the auction but might just put in a bid and see. He says it works and is in excellent condition.

Cheers for the help so far everybody :)

I am in no rush at all so really should slow down ;)

Unless you find an older high end Alpine (of which some like mine don't actually have an onboard amp), I think the Becker or indeed the Nak will have a nicer sound to it. Some Alpines can have quite a "clinical" sound, which some like, some don't, but can get tiring after a long time listening. The 9812 for example I didn't like at all so got rid.

The Becker and Nakamichi unit will have a "warm" sound to them, which even after hours of listening you won't get tired of.

Well I chose NOT to bid, a few reasons really. Firstly and mainly I want to have a bit more experience about these units in terms of what they reach on ebay (I am in no rush so aslong as another comes up within 3 months that's fine). I have no real idea what price they should reach on ebay...

Back