Technical which engine and how?

Currently reading:
Technical which engine and how?

passionpurple

hi guys. i am a big fan of the uno, although I don't own one as yet.

but my plan is to put another engine into the uno chassis. I am from India and I want an engine that is locally available so thatI don't need to import it.
Till now I have the palio 1.6L DOHC 16V 100BHP engine in mind.

tha unos sold in india come as petrols 1L 1.2L and diesel 1.7L. upon asking at the local dealer, the chief mechanic told that I should buy the diesel 1.7L version as the drive chain would be similar to that of the palio 1.6 and would make things easier.

also, i was told that the engine mounting poimts are different for the uno and palio.

problems:
1) what all engines (available in India, not imported) can be SUCCESSFULLY mounted into the uno chassis?
2) Are any modifications to the mounting points in the uno chassis advisable?
if not why and if yes how.

please help me with the above.. thanks..:confused:

Here in jamaica there are a few uno's running around with toyota 4E engines which are then modified to run low boost (about5 psi) with limited modification to the engine management. there is some work involved tho.

The only reason i would even consider it is because the 1600 toyota engine gearbox and wire loom may all be had for about the price of an older and more worn 999cc uno engine and gearbox.

new mounts are welded in, the control arm is lengthened and the axles are joined. a whole lot of work and expense

my opinion is that it defeats the purpose of an uno. Bulletproof engine and lunch money buys gas

Back