Styling Which 16" alloys do I order on a 500S

Currently reading:
Styling Which 16" alloys do I order on a 500S

Fiat Twins

I've just about decided and going to order a new Twin Air 500S this weekend (red one). I'd like 16 inch alloys on it and love the look of the standard ones. Does anyone know if you can get exactly the same in a 16 inch version and what the accessory code is? I don't want to end up with bright chrome or shiny black ones.

The 15" wheels design are not available in 16". The only one in the range I know of where this applies is the 15" Lounge version wheel - multi spoke. There is also a 16" version but thus doesn't help you on the S.

Have a look at the 8th wheel down on the configurator - its the same as the 'basic' Abarth wheel. This would look great on the S if you don't want silver or polished black although none of the black wheel finishes on the S are polished.

Have you considered going for a black roof? Black roof and black wheels would look amazing [just my opinion though] The 16" whel to go for with black roof would be the 6th wheel down on the configrator [this was the previous Twinair+' and 'Street' wheel]

All that said, if you like the standard 15" wheel you could just go for that. Ride will be slightly better on 15's and some prefer the handling on 15's too. 16's do look good though.

I'm jealous lol

Last edited:
Thanks Twins for your reply. I just realised that I'd already talked about wheels on my other thread, think the excitement of almost ordering is getting to me! I really appreciate your input and the extra detail about which ones to look at on the configurator. I'm going to try and visit our local shopping centre this Saturday and wander round the car park to see if I can spot any on a car.

I've just about decided and going to order a new Twin Air 500S this weekend (red one). I'd like 16 inch alloys on it and love the look of the standard ones. Does anyone know if you can get exactly the same in a 16 inch version and what the accessory code is? I don't want to end up with bright chrome or shiny black ones.

We too liked the look of the standard alloys, the dealer informed us that they came in 16" .... Thats what we went with for the Mrs 500 S..
I recall the Dealer specifically saying that these alloys are only available on the S...
They look fab...
When I get home I'll check the code number.

Last edited:
We too liked the look of the standard alloys, the dealer informed us that they came in 16" .... Thats what we went with for the Mrs 500 S..
I recall the Dealer specifically saying that these alloys are only available on the S...
They look fab...

Good to see some of the newbies offering advice and help.

The 16 inch that the OP is looking for is a larger version of the 15 inch which as already pointed out is not available.

Get the impression that the 15 inch have a similar finish to the bi-colour wheels in the Sport model wheel in 15 inch. In the MiTo in the 17 inch Cloverleaf wheels were available in a bi-colour (darkened look) but they are or where an additional £600.

The only wheels that I saw that were similar to the standard 15 inch wheels for the 500S were the by diesel wheels which come in 16 inch. They were unique to the by diesel model but as posted on the previous thread came on the Abarth kit for the Street model and were painted in black with but the outside of the rim was left in alloy.

Given the Abarth look of the 500S the 15 inch wheels may look a little puny. Personally I would just opt for the upgraded 16 inch wheels as advertised on the Fiat web site or the Abarth 16inch wheels as pointed out by The Twins.

They look fab...
Thanks ItalianWines, the code would be great! The dealer I'm going to is helpful but can't seem to give me the right answer on this one.

According to the latest brochure 05/2013

wheels for the 500 S

standard wheels code 6Y8
options (16") code 6JD
options (16") code 420

wheels for the 500C S

all options code 420, 6JD and 56J

the wheel option codes on the configurator are

1 6Y8
2 431
3 433
4 432
5 439
6 6JD
7 420
8 56J
9 5A6

The 15" options for the 500 s are 6Y8, 431,432,433 and 439.

the configurator lets you choose wheel option 9 (56J) which is not available for the saloon in the catalogue only available on the convertible!

Thanks ItalianWines, the code would be great! The dealer I'm going to is helpful but can't seem to give me the right answer on this one.

Email as from Dealer, back in Feb, maybe a few days after we ordered the car..

"Good morning Ryan,

Just to confirm you are ordering 5A6 - 16” Alloy Wheels specifically designed for the 500S.

Could you please confirm this via reply to this email? "

Attachments

• fiat500_S_16.bmp
    129.5 KB · Views: 117

And here they are ... 16" (The standard wheels upgraded from 15" to 16".. for those that don't know ... ) :p

Attachments

• CYM plate DSC_2368.jpg
    CYM plate DSC_2368.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
Thanks to everyone for their input. Our cars are now ordered for September delivery. Wife has decided on a red TwinAir Lounge and I've opted for a TwinAir 500S (also red) with the 16inch 6JD alloys. The alloys appear to be black with a red line round the centre hub and were the ones fitted to the limited edition Blackjack model. Hopefully they'll look suitably sporty and contrast nicely with the red paint. Let the countdown to delivery begin!

Wife has decided on a red TwinAir Lounge and I've opted for a TwinAir 500S (also red) with the 16inch 6JD alloys.

Hope you both enjoy the TA experience. I certainly did during the time I owned mine.(y)

Back