Technical Stilo alloys on 500

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo alloys on 500

Jussi69

Has anyone tried Stilo 15" rims on 500? ET is different, 500 ET35, Stilo 43 - any experience?

Jussi

A bigger ET number will move the centre line of the wheel closer to the car. If the rims are the same width that means the rim will also be further in. If the Stilo rim is wider then the rim will already be further in, even if the offsets were the same.

Anyhow.. same rim width would make the Stilo rim sit 8mm further in, according to your figures, which is quite a lot... especially as the tyre will be bowed out, so will be further into the arch than the wheel rim. It shouldn't foul on the bottom of the damper spring pan, unless your tyres are high aspect ratio... but the tyre may touch the side of the damper body itself.

But the main thing is that tyres that are further "in" the wheel arch look properly gash.. so no. Just don't do it.

Ralf S.

With spacers of usually ten millimeters plus longer bolts it should fit. But I don't know about the regulations in your country. In Germany we have ABE for the parts and TÜV approval to legalise the conversion.

Thanks I decided not to due the fact that these had also wrong tire size on them. Searching something for vinter tires and looks like Punto 14" rims are viable option and quite a lot of those on offer as 2nd hand.

Thanks I decided not to due the fact that these had also wrong tire size on them. Searching something for vinter tires and looks like Punto 14" rims are viable option and quite a lot of those on offer as 2nd hand.

Make sure you avoid the Grande Punto (unless you know what you're getting in to). The platform was developed jointly with General Motors (Corsa) and the hub and wheels are 4x100 rather than 4x98. You can get "wobble" bolts and spigot rings to make the wheels fit but they're quite dear for a cheap set of wheels.

Also look at Alfa wheels, such as those fitted to the 145/6 and 155. They are 4x98 PCD, 58.0 bore and came in various 14-16" sizes, so they would fit. They're also unloved (everyone wants 17s) so you ought to be able to find a set without tyres for cheap. They're also a full face wheel (just holes around the outside) rather than slender spokes... so will be extra durable for those "pothole in the dark" moments,

My other bit of advice is buy wheels without the tyres.. (or at least don't pay extra for tyres). If you're going to the trouble of getting winter wheels, then you ought to fit pukka winter tyres... so any tyres on the wheels you buy should be scrap and not costing you extra.

Ralf S.

Back