Technical Where to add water?

Currently reading:
Technical Where to add water?

And hence the reason why the Fiat indpendent I used charged just £25 to do the brake fluid change on our old POP. For a garage, it is a 30 minute job, so the 20 quid labour charge is worth it compared to the hassle of messing about on the drive. I used a local Saab indy to change the brake fluid on my 9-3 and he only charged me 40 quid. That saved me a helluva lot of hassle doing it myself and to be honest, giving decent local garages your cash keeps people in jobs. And for what it's worth, even he told me that 4 years between changes is adequate for normal road use, so something tells me that the 2 yearly changes required or recommended by certain manufacturers, is being just a bit cautious.
yeah i checked the brake fluid (its been 2 years) my dealer checked the fluid and said it looks fine no need to change it so i simply didnt. i would agree with the four years, same goes for the coolant (i change my water pump and belt every 4 years anyway so naturally you change the coolant then also)

Where is the pollen filter located? I might need to clean it. This is for a rhd australian pop.

I know I'm in for a bad time... lol

Drivers footwell, to the left of the clutch, there is a plastic front housing that needs to be removed and you pull it out. You need a very small, very flat ring spanner to undo the two retaining nuts. I am lucky, I have such a spanner to do the job, but again, you are warned, it is a total arse of a job to do. Be advised, there will be a lot of bending and manipulation putting a new one back in. As maxi has stated, you don't clean, you replace. There is a guide on the forum somewhere, you just need to do a search.

yeah i checked the brake fluid (its been 2 years) my dealer checked the fluid and said it looks fine no need to change it so i simply didnt. i would agree with the four years, same goes for the coolant (i change my water pump and belt every 4 years anyway so naturally you change the coolant then also)

You'd think people would change the coolant, but I have come across people before who will drain what's in the system and then put the old crap back in! :bang:

Back