General Where is the jack stored in a 169 4x4?

Currently reading:
General Where is the jack stored in a 169 4x4?

NigelO

The jack in my 4x4 is too big to go inside the spare wheel when it’s located in the wheel well, so it just sits in the boot, or the rear footwell. This means that it clatters around over bumps and round corners, which irritates me. The car is noisy and rattly enough without adding to it…

in every other car I’ve had, the jack is positively located somewhere in the car to stop it moving - where is it supposed to go in a 4x4?

The jack in my 4x4 is too big to go inside the spare wheel when it’s located in the wheel well, so it just sits in the boot, or the rear footwell. This means that it clatters around over bumps and round corners, which irritates me. The car is noisy and rattly enough without adding to it…

in every other car I’ve had, the jack is positively located somewhere in the car to stop it moving - where is it supposed to go in a 4x4?
Sorry can't help much

Post 3

Storage position seems to depend on which jack is supplied

There's at least 2 types

Larger jack, in a bag under the drivers seat

Smaller jack within the wheel with an plastic extra block

But there maybe others

Probably need @porta help as they owned the 4x4, which I haven't

Sorry can't help much

Post 3

Storage position seems to depend on which jack is supplied

There's at least 2 types

Larger jack, in a bag under the drivers seat

Smaller jack within the wheel with an plastic extra block

But there maybe others

Probably need @porta help as they owned the 4x4, which I haven't
The panda 4x4 (169) has an identical jack to the doblo, so will not fit in the plastic carrier of the standard 169 within the space saver tyre. However, mine came in a natty zip bag which I wrapped in Velcro and stuck it above the rear wheelarch.

As you can see, quite a difference from standard to 4x4, admittedly this is from the cross version, unfortunately the daughter forgot to put it back in car, fortunately for you, it gave me a chance to photograph it

Attachments

• IMG_4643.jpeg
    IMG_4643.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4644.jpeg
    IMG_4644.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4645.jpeg
    IMG_4645.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 39
My 2008 Panda Cross jack was contained within its own material bag, which has Velcro on the bottom of it. It sat in the boot, secured by the Velcro to the boot’s carpet. When I sold the Cross I kept the bag, which lives on in my 500 with shopping bags and a funnel for topping up the washers.

Attachments

• IMG_4478.jpeg
    IMG_4478.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
Back