Technical Where is crank sensor on 03 JTD 115

Currently reading:
Technical Where is crank sensor on 03 JTD 115

fredwlms

I am probably being totally stupid, but I am having starting, performamce and smoking problems. the next thing to try seems to be changing the crank sensor. I have bought one from Shop4parts but I can't find the damned thing. Could some kind soul tell me whereabouts on the engine it is and do I have to do anything else after fitting it as I have read somewhere that it needs to be registered with the ECU. If so how do I do this? Thanks in anticipation.
:)

Crankshaft sensor is at the back of the engine near the starter motor. Item 4 in this diagram.

It does not need to be registered to the ECU.

Attachments

• Crank Sensor.JPG
    Crank Sensor.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 11,107
Thanks Davren,

I have purchased the wrong sensor, that was what was confusing me.:bang: Once again Thanks very much.:)

If I may interupt...you should always reset fuel ECU if changing a sensor/air flow meter etc prefably with examiner but if not disconnect battery for a while. This resets the LDV values than have changed due to the fault and ECU trying to correct itself.

Phonic wheel learn is always advisable on when fitting new crank sensor (not applicable in this case)

Last edited:
Back