Technical Wheels Wheels Wheels!

Currently reading:
Technical Wheels Wheels Wheels!

Clare5

I Have 17"s on my punto, scratching like a b***h, its lowered by 40mm

Would 15"s or 16"s be better for my car.... or is there any way i can keep my 17"s and change the suspension to 35mm? or will i have the same problem?!!

:bang:

I Think its a MRK2? ITS 02 1.2 16V Sporting? Im not sure of the offset, but i will check it when i pick it up from the garage tomorow and let you know, on www.alloywheels.com when i look up wheels to fit my car, it gives two different ET's so im not sure which one is for my car or what not? :)

Im not sure, How did you find out!? :D

The garage has taken my liners off for the moment cos they are fully ripped! Should i get them to put them back on, as im assuming they are there for a reason?

take one of the wheels off the et will be stamped on the back

you should have the liners fitted as they protect the arches from stones which damage the paint and then cause rust, they also protect engine and gearbox components especialy the cambelt and alternator belt

Right Okay, So If the et is 40, I need Different wheels, with a lower et? :confused:

:) Okay Thank You.

I Didnt buy these wheels, so i guess i could just sell them and get some 16"s, less hassle and confusion for me...... or lazyness, one or the other :)

:) Okay Thank You.

I Didnt buy these wheels, so i guess i could just sell them and get some 16"s, less hassle and confusion for me...... or lazyness, one or the other :)

lol, at the lazyness quote.

The offset and width of alloys is often more important that the overall size of the alloys.

With 17's in the right fitment with a 50mm drop you would experience no rubbing yet with 15's in the wrong offset etc you would get rubbing.

Last edited:
Hmm, i dont know then,

Its been lowered by 40mm, im not sure of the offset to be honest, id have to look on the wheel? but i have taken the arch liners out (i know they need to be on) but it was rubbing them so much they ripped lol..... and i think they are still rubbing even though they arnt there! im just fed up :(

i wunt have a clue which spacers or fitments, if thats what they are i would need..... aaaaaaaah :bang:

Back