General What's yours called?

Currently reading:
General What's yours called?

Tinbum

I rarely name my cars, but swmbo asked what I'm going to call my 2x4 City Cross when I pick him up.

He's blue, so definitely a boy! He's Italian, we live in France so I immediately said "Pedro"!

This has upset her sense of right and wrong to the extent where she can't formulate an answer. While I enjoy the peace I thought I'd ask for some more ideas:)

The Pugmobile. She loves riding shotgun. A bit like Wallace and Gromit.

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_123849369_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200715_123849369_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
I like naming inanimate objects, especially tools, when they seem to have a character all of their own. For instance my relatively new CP air wrench in conjunction with my much larger new air compressor is so much more powerful than my old Clarke one coupled to my old BEN compressor that he's become "The Hooligan". My old Britool power bar, which I've had for well over 40 years I simply call "Pal" and yes, I do hold conversations with him especially when things are going badly with me lying on my back under one or other of the vehicles.

Cars? My old Cordoba estate was "Toany" (Tony) because of the similarity to his number plate letters and he was custard yellow like "Tony the Tiger". He's the yellow car hiding behind Felicity in my avatar picture. He was a rough gruff diesel and not all that light on his toes, so definitely male. Then there was "Felicity FIAT" the purple one in my avatar picture who was definitely female and who lived in our family for over 20 years. I have in the past, usually when in familiar company and well lubricated, embarrassed Mrs J by declaring that I knew Felicity's body more intimately than my own wife's - never went down well! - Our present Panda was named "Becky" by Mrs J on the day we went for a test drive in her before we'd definitely decided to buy her! Derived from the number plate. Again I agree most appropriate as she's definitely "dainty" and female. Lastly, of our recently owned cars, there's "Twinkle" (or Twink") the Ibiza which again was named by Mrs J from the number plate. The Ibiza is a direct replacement for my old Cordoba as both are estates and both derived from the VW Polo range. The Cordoba was actually built on the same assembly line as the old Polo estate. Whereas the Cordoba was a rough noisy old school diesel, the Ibiza has one of the wee 3 cylinder petrol engines and whereas the Cordoba was a bit ponderous and "heavy" on it's feet the Ibiza is light and nimble and definitely female.

I rarely name my cars, but swmbo asked what I'm going to call my 2x4 City Cross when I pick him up.

He's blue, so definitely a boy! He's Italian, we live in France so I immediately said "Pedro"!

This has upset her sense of right and wrong to the extent where she can't formulate an answer. While I enjoy the peace I thought I'd ask for some more ideas:)

How about "Bleu Blu Boy" (or 3B) Says it all in all three languages ( or alternatively is a statement of the "bleedin' obvious" I like it anyway, pity my 4x4 TA Panda is "Active grey" which is actually a sort of silver. Any suggestions for a name for mine.
My Egli Vincent Godet Sport GT motorbike is called "Tout bete" (can't type the circumflex over the "e") No doubt you know what this means "emsemble" and each word separately:D

With a handle like "Tinbum" you should have no difficulty in choosing/inventing a name for your Panda:idea:

Had another thought, how about "Gainsborough's":p

genma saotome

was a fan of Japanese anime when i was younger.

the original kung fu panda from the 80's

Back