Technical Whats up with all these lights

Currently reading:
Technical Whats up with all these lights

Raideruk

Stilo 1.9jtd. Drive to work ... no problem. Get in the car to come home and the steering, brake, ABS, alarm and fuel warning lights are on. Yet, plenty of fuel in the tank, the brakes work, the steering is fine but none of the gages are working (rev, speed, fuel or temp). Just to really play with my head the windows wont open , the radio lights up but does not work and then the engine overheats. Oh and the key fob dont work either. Anyone got any idea what is going on ?????? :bang:

check your battery voltage first - the Stilo throws up all kind of failure warnings if the voltage is too low...
Also check all ground connections for proper contact.

:yeahthat: Sound advice, if you can lay your hands on another battery to see if that solves the problem then replacing your current (no pun intended) battery might be a solution.

Worth getting a reading from the alternator and see what it's 'giving' to the battery in terms of charge, unusual for a battery to just simply give up.

Thanks people, got the car back from the dealers to day. Said it was something with a static build up, he "de-static ed eded"??? it and reset the computer. All sounds a bit black magic to me but it seems to be back running ok. How does it sound to you ? :confused:

Yep thats what i thought but hey its working for now so only time will tell. I must admit it did sound a bit of a made up story and guess what I dont even wear skirts :D

Back