General What's the point???

Currently reading:
General What's the point???

I was driving behind a cer last night and noticed one of my headlight bulbs is out... Isn't the car supposed to tell you if any of the bulbs fail??? What's the point of putting up with all the quirky Fiat electronics if they arn't gonna do their job????
sigh..... look slike i'm going to have to confont the dreaded problem of changing a hedalight bulb....:bang:

It's much more obvious when a headlight bulb goes than any other. My old Punto told me of tail lights, brake lights and sidelights (perhaps others, but they never failed). The 307 I now drive doesn't say at all, which is dissapointing (n)

Gav said:
It's much more obvious when a headlight bulb goes than any other. My old Punto told me of tail lights, brake lights and sidelights (perhaps others, but they never failed). The 307 I now drive doesn't say at all, which is dissapointing (n)

And u pay all that money for a lump of frogy crap and if u want the warning lights u have to pay for extras (n)

Well, i finally managed to replace the bulb; it "only" took me 1.5 hours to change a single headlight bulb:bang: :bang:
I didn't have to take the bumper off but i had to disasemble the whole battery part wich includes acouple of fuse boxes a hell of alot of wires and a bay where the battery sits which is impossible to remove, you can only lift it slightly after taking half the car apart giveing enough room to sqeeze my hands down the gap and spend 3/4 of an hour fidling with the headlamp lid and atempting to fit the new bulb (obviously all of this is done by feel 'cause it's not somewhere you can see...). All of this requires the usual masses of brute force!!

Anyhow, i've got scratched hands and arms, a painful back and a hell of a lot of anger built up but a working headlight... i can only hope that if it ever goes again it'll be the passenger headlamp!!! and as for my idea of upgrading my bulbs........................... no FU****G way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm not going through this again!

Next time divers bulb goes i'll take it to the dealer. The problem is that you've got to have an appointment, or be lucky enought to get taken immediatley, then you've got to wait or take a cab home and after that you've got to pay 40euros for an 1.5hour job just to find out later that they forgot to fit the battery lid or didn't tighten the battery cables enough and find yourself with a whole selection of warning lights that'll cost you another day at the dealers.
Actually, now that i've said all of this i think next time i'll do it myself again even if it is long, painful and enfuriating..:eek:

Warning light is for sidelight circuit only....headlights(main/dip)should be instantly noticeable if they are not working.

I advise using Fiat(or good quality)bulbs as resistance is critical or your warning light will remain on.

Until this happened to me i would have agreed that if either main or dip went out it would be noticeable but i live in Barcelona you see and there are no roads without artificial lighting so it's not really that difficult not to notice, it's not even that strange to see peaople who have forgotten to turn their lights on.........

ive seen people forget to turn there lights on also but i dnt no how cos u cant see how fast ur going if its dark

stripey stilo said:
ive seen people forget to turn there lights on also but i dnt no how cos u cant see how fast ur going if its dark
Then look at the driver sitting behind the wheel, who probably just has a cricket-pitch vision of the road in front, and never looks at the dash anyway ;)

Bruising on me left arm from repeated violent contact with the battery box... think most folk on here would move it out of the way, I didnt because I didnt want to unsettle all electrical gubbins round the battery :)

wotnowarninglight said:
Bruising on me left arm from repeated violent contact with the battery box... think most folk on here would move it out of the way, I didnt because I didnt want to unsettle all electrical gubbins round the battery :)

ok well im glad your ok now lol. I dont wanna do mine if owt happens now i may have 2 book in 2 a garage lol

Back