Technical What's the best battery for 1.9 JTD 115hp?

Currently reading:
Technical What's the best battery for 1.9 JTD 115hp?

Steve148

I Can Haz Titlez
JTD Battery Size & Spec

Hi -

Battery on my 04 JTD is weakening, will need replacement soon. Current OEM unit is approx 240mm L, 175mm W, 190mm H. This leaves some unused space in the battery compartment, and I'd like to use that space to add some 'winter morning' margin.

Standard replacement appears to be the 075 (210mm L, 175mm W, 190mm H), but that's smaller than the OEM unit (an 027?). Seems daft to leave empty space, so I'd like to squeeze in a 096 instead (278mm L, 175mm W, 190mm H) - approx 10AH & 100CCA more than the 075.

Can anyone save me the hassle of removing the battery to measure up? It looks like the 096 will squeeze in on the L dimension, but has anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance!

Re: JTD Battery Size & Spec

096 is the way to go, if you are going to replace, should cost £70-90 depending on quality - go for the best you can to avoid voltage dips resulting in bleep bleep bleep and spurious error messages :rolleyes:

Else try levering the top off the Magnetti Marelli original and adding 2 Bat Aid tablets per cell and top up with de-ionised water... did the trick for me (y)

Hi Guys!
It seems that original Magnetti Marelli accu I have in my stilo (2001) is dead. What kind of accu do you suggest? How many Ah? What capacity? What manufacturer? Maybe again MM? Thanks for all advices!

Slavomir

Back