What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

Being told I wasn't welcome in my lesson today because I was 10 minutes late, even though I phoned up the college... Stated that I was going to be late and politely said sorry to the lecturer and asked if I could stay, shortly after followed a row with my course director saying that because I had last Friday off, I was going on report because he thought my work ethnic was totally wrong.. Phoning up saying I was pissed on Friday morning was unacceptable apparently (taking to note my 18th on Thursday).

Sure, me having one day off because of my 18th is totally unacceptable. :shrug: Never mind, the quest for a full time job is on the horizon, I have a feeling.
:(
Ohh, also they are being so pathetic about it, they are saying that i've handed in assignment work late and therefore I can only get Pass criteria even though I handed them all in perfectly on time and they all have Distinction markings on them. Anybody know if I can report them for doing this? Seems a little unfair to me...

Cue comments about me being 18 and stupid.

Birthdays must be celebrated, at least while you're still happy to have them :p

Only advice I can give is to NEVER phone in drunk/hungover. It shows that your actions were pre-meditated.

If neccessary, call in pretending you have ebola/hanta virus/leprosy, then make a miraculous recovery the following day :)

just arse's i think in my btec. most work was handed in on the final day and somtimes beyond a minimum 85% attendace was required

Need Merit criteria to continue onto the second year of the course, I'll be going elsewhere id have thought. :rolleyes: My attendance is at about 92%, totally acceptable considering I had an illness at the start of the year.

Citizens Advice (y)

Bloody teenagers :p

Aha, someone had to :rolleyes: I'll have a gander. Thank you.

Birthdays must be celebrated, at least while you're still happy to have them :p

Only advice I can give is to NEVER phone in drunk/hungover. It shows that your actions were pre-meditated.

If neccessary, call in pretending you have ebola/hanta virus/leprosy, then make a miraculous recovery the following day :)

That is exactly the thing my nan said to me on my birthday, Original plans were to not drink and go in Friday then end up drunk all weekend... But she kind of told me to celebrate it a little more, she also funded it all. It was rude not to really.
I didn't actually say I was drunk, just said I was heavily medicated and I couldn't drive under the influence of medication. Little lies (y) Seeing as the college journey is about 26.2 miles there and back.

Due to being on a college report they have decided it will be a good idea to seize my EMA payments un till I come off the report, with me being currently jobless and needing to pay for insurance, tax and petrol. It's another burn into the pocket. I'll never get a newer car at this rate :(

A few fellow college students have said it's illegal for them to seize payments as it's solely down to attendance. Not sure if this legitimate or completely true though. Anyone shed some light on this one?

Need Merit criteria to continue onto the second year of the course, I'll be going elsewhere id have thought. :rolleyes: My attendance is at about 92%, totally acceptable considering I had an illness at the start of the year.

Aha, someone had to :rolleyes: I'll have a gander. Thank you.

That is exactly the thing my nan said to me on my birthday, Original plans were to not drink and go in Friday then end up drunk all weekend... But she kind of told me to celebrate it a little more, she also funded it all. It was rude not to really.
I didn't actually say I was drunk, just said I was heavily medicated and I couldn't drive under the influence of medication. Little lies (y) Seeing as the college journey is about 26.2 miles there and back.

Due to being on a college report they have decided it will be a good idea to seize my EMA payments un till I come off the report, with me being currently jobless and needing to pay for insurance, tax and petrol. It's another burn into the pocket. I'll never get a newer car at this rate :(

A few fellow college students have said it's illegal for them to seize payments as it's solely down to attendance. Not sure if this legitimate or completely true though. Anyone shed some light on this one?

Being hungover is not an illness, just because your nan said you should go out and get pissed doesn't mean you should ;).

Not illegal (as its not a law :p), but in the T&C it says that you need to have 100% attendance and work be up to date etc. Unless its changed since I got it.

Btw...if you need the money to pay for insurance etc, why take the day off, knowing you wouldn't get it :p.

I got my EMA even when I went on holiday for a week :LOL:, just to rub it in :p.

I got my EMA even when I went on holiday for a week :LOL:, just to rub it in :p.
old school i could get it pretty much no matter what with a little fibbing e.t.c. in college they wont give it to you even if you notify them of a day off (besides driving tests and urgent doctors appointments) to stop people taking the mickey apparently... seems as if ultimatly the schools/colleges have us kneeling at there feet for ema

Picked up the Brava last night........... needs a bit more work than first thought can't turn the wheel to full left or right lock without the bumper rubbing / digging into the OS tyre! So will need at the very least a complete nose job, going to get the bumper off ASAP and inspect everything, top and bottom cross members and bonnet were a given that they weren't straight, but sadly I think it needs a bit more than that - que Sledge hammer and another car to break in 6 months if it fails the MOT (n):bang::cry:

The engine is running exceptoinaly sweet and the gearbox is like brand new, the interior (appart from the boot) looks like it's never been sat in! The boot however looks like it's been used to store hay :confused: and the parcel shelf is missing.

I am praying that as it tracks straight the damage is more superficial than a poke about with a torch initially lead me to beleive - we'll see!

Biggest grump about it is the GF leaving me for dust in an area I've never been before, with my fuel light on and she had the sat nav! Me stopping dead in front of her with hazzards on didn't stop her pulling round and disappearing into the distance (n)

Back