What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

Sometimes there comes a point where you have to let it go….

Or the insurance pays out, you buy the car back and stick some new doors on it and end up no worse off but now you have cash in your pocket
I've done the buy back thing before and it worked out well. repairs would have to wait for the better weather though and she needs transport to get to work so don't know if it would work out. As you say, sometimes you just have to let go.

I've had my boy look closely at the car and it looks like, although the doors have considerable damage, the rest of it's OK. considering the age of the vehicle and the generally rather scruffy state of the rest of the body, I think a couple of doors from a scrappie would sort it out cheaply enough. Anyway, they've already notified the insurance so that's a bit of a fait accompli as far as saving face with the insurance people. Just have to wait and see what bounces back now I suppose.
Well, the die is cast. He rang up the insurance company this morning who gave him a number to ring for their preferred repairer. Turns out to be a company away up over the north side of the Forth in Fife. They wanted him to drive the car over there so it could be examined. But that's not reasonable as it means he'll loose best part of a day's working time. In the end they agreed to look at photos if he sent them through. Apparently if the cost of repair exceeds 60% of the current market value of the car they'll write it off. My guess is that that's going to be the outcome. Anyway "watch this space" I'll keep you informed of any interesting developments.

Well, the die is cast. He rang up the insurance company this morning who gave him a number to ring for their preferred repairer. Turns out to be a company away up over the north side of the Forth in Fife. They wanted him to drive the car over there so it could be examined. But that's not reasonable as it means he'll loose best part of a day's working time. In the end they agreed to look at photos if he sent them through. Apparently if the cost of repair exceeds 60% of the current market value of the car they'll write it off. My guess is that that's going to be the outcome. Anyway "watch this space" I'll keep you informed of any interesting developments.
What's the going rate of this age of Jazz ?

It's a shame that some Muppet can write off what is otherwise a reliable car for the safe of a drinking blow out and lack of self control. Imagine if it were a brand new car they had just bought or something they'd spent years saving for. In some respect at least the poor old Jazz took the brunt of it, probably causing slightly less upset.

I think you're right however these older cars don't take a lot and an insurance company will likely be looking at the cost of two new doors, all the equipment will need moving over which take up a lot of time and then you've got the painting and time the car will be off the road (loan car) just one door can be many hundreds of pounds.

Some insurance companies are amenable to fitting used parts. If a pair of doors in the right colour are available, the repair should be a lot cheaper, and keep the car running.

I guess the culprit will be charged with criminal damage. The insurance company should be interested in recouping their costs if possible, as should you be, as regardless of the outcome, the premium wil lincrease next year as a result. If the lad has any money, the court should award compensation. Do you have legal expenses insurance with the car policy? That should cover the work to chase this and stake your claim. All the other damage he did could be being claimed also, but you might be the only one.

Thanks for the heads up on that PB. Of course it's my boy's wife's insurance so I don't know exactly what provision they have but I'll mention it to them today when we are out there picking the grandchildren from school.

Shame it was the Jazz he picked on. The Astra was parked right in front of it - a car which is worth just about nothing and we've now decided is definitely being replaced as soon as a suitable replacement can be found - If only he'd picked on it instead! Ah well.

DAFFO. Clutch pedal sticking down. Im not in a position to deal with it. Daughter says she will give it a go if I direct ops! Do I do the slave cylinder or slave and master. Its a 2011 1.2 mylife 69hp. I suspect its been done to death, but any manufacturers to go for or avoid other than Fiats plastic offerings.

Ready to pop a ventricle with a sales rep in Mexico. The clown has an engineering degree and feels he is more than qualified to wrench on equipment. He’s not. I know he was responsible for a $20K pump failing and he has tried to lie his way out of it. He also had the gall to tell my boss that I didn’t know what I was talking about. I’ve only built 260 of the machines. He’s built zero. I’ve also never had a pump fail on one I built.

I told my boss I was done with the guy and also done fixing his fcuk ups. No more trips to Mexico if he’s involved. The guy has managed to **** off everyone in the Field Service department. All the bosses, including Mrs.Cheest, are trying to get me to calm down. What really frosts me is that I gave the idiot written step by step instructions on how to troubleshoot to determine if it was the pump and he fcuked that up, too.

Arrrghh!

I can see clearly that you should email your old firm and say the hourly rate has now increased 10 fold. I think if you are thinking of backing gently out of the workplace its time to do this and on your terms. I strongly suspect that they will pay up at least in the short term. Also lay down the law about this fooland get him sorted out. If hes not enough of a man to put up his hands when hes made a mess of things hes not worth their retaining him. Yes a 10X pay hike will make them reduce your input, but isnt that what you want anyway, over a period, and I hazard they will still retain you for some consulting and big jobs and if you get 1/10 the work but get 10x the pay then youll be served well. The company needs to learn to sucession plan competant people into roles and this will speed this up. DO you need the hassle?

Not worth blowing a fuse over this idiot he needs firing to grow some humility and brains. We were all young once and these young people are convinced they know what they are at for reasons unknown whereas the older you get the more you understand and respect experience for which there is often no substitute. He the sort who I cant tolerate either.

This reminds me of my last few years at work. I was told by all sorts of people how to do my job and to to lots of idiot things that would have no bearing on reducung incidents and in fact often that would make things work. In the end I just did what I knew to be right nad they hated me, but my results spoke for themself and they never did anything about it. I should have done what I am suggesting..

Anyhow dont letthis morpon spoil a minute more of your lile.. As we say over here

Eee aint wurf it ! (He aint worth it)

Don't count your Pandas until they are delivered !

On January 28th,I posted that I had secured a 1/43 Panda 141 on Ebay for £6.50 including postage , 12 days later ,no Panda has been delivered and even the worst parcel carrier in the land can do better than that . So I had to make the first move in the where is my item ? request and then it will be refund request .

As the buyer there shouldn't be a problem getting my money back but I wanted Panda to arrive..... :( (n)🚙

Don't count your Pandas until they are delivered !

On January 28th,I posted that I had secured a 1/43 Panda 141 on Ebay for £6.50 including postage , 12 days later ,no Panda has been delivered and even the worst parcel carrier in the land can do better than that . So I had to make the first move in the where is my item ? request and then it will be refund request .

As the buyer there shouldn't be a problem getting my money back but I wanted Panda to arrive..... :( (n)🚙
Royal Mail got hacked by Russia, which screwed up their ability to send international packages. Quite likely their receipt system is screwed too. Your package is probably sitting in a Royal Mail warehouse, visible, but untouchable, until they sort their computer systems. They're not good at that sort of thing, so could be some time.

Finished work to a new fridge freezer to sort out...and a set of drawers to build.

Fridge not really a problem.. but I was on edge all day. As I had measured it up...I sent her one that would definitely fit..and she bought another that was bigger in 2 of 3 dimensions but had the same model name except for a single digit. Cue frantic measuring when this was discovered but it was the day before it was due to arrive. It just fits in the space..but at least being taller and deeper we've got more space.

Kitchen is all over the place as we have currently 2 fridge freezers...as the old one still works..ish..if you don't mind it peeing on the floor occasionally and every single interior partition being smashed. Once the other one has been given 12 hours to chill it's going away.

The chest of drawers on the other hand..I've built these before...they were horrible. In some ways great in that they are endlessly repairable due to simple pine, dowel and screws construction..but in terms of flat pack all that's been done is cutting things to size so lovely to build on your own when you need 4 hands to hold it all in place.

Anywho all done...but got a shed full of cardboard...a car full of old clothes (no idea on that one) just a vague hope things will be normalish by the weekend after some lunchtime tip runs.

Royal Mail got hacked by Russia, which screwed up their ability to send international packages. Quite likely their receipt system is screwed too. Your package is probably sitting in a Royal Mail warehouse, visible, but untouchable, until they sort their computer systems. They're not good at that sort of thing, so could be some time.
I don't think it's coming by Royal Mail , could be "Ebay Packlink" ,meaning at the mercy of Evri or Yodel , 2 of the worst reputations for parcel carriers and non delivery and total lack of customer service .
No reply from the seller yet 11 hours later .
As from Tuesday I can ask Ebay to get my money back .
I'd still rather have what I paid for .

Edit...in an unexpected development ,item has gone from my "recent purchases " list .
Was coming from Stoke on Trent to Surrey .

Well 11 days after posting, the 1/43 Panda 141 arrived today , shame it seems to have lost a headlamp that is present in the pics on the Ebay listing.
I won't make a fuss over that ,it was after all cheap and showing a bit battered in the pics ,maybe the headlamp was in the box and is now on my carpet somewhere ,can't see it .
It was Evri who took all that time to transport it 150 miles ish .
just glad I got it , not sure I can leave feedback for this now that it has gone from my purchases page .
I will make sure that any refund is cancelled .

My wife's unbroken record of being at work when my son is spectacularly ill remains in tact..

Woke up to the sound of Vomiting at 3am...washing machine has been on ever since.

Hopefully he's over the worst and not had any incidents since about 5am...

However feeling well rested..
PXL_20230218_100201113.jpg

It's gonna be a long day... thankfully I have a lot of coffee in. Bright side would be he only chucked on my shoulder this time, previous 2 times he managed to get me in the face.

My wife's unbroken record of being at work when my son is spectacularly ill remains in tact..

Woke up to the sound of Vomiting at 3am...washing machine has been on ever since.

View attachment 418825

It's gonna be a long day... thankfully I have a lot of coffee in. Bright side would be he only chucked on my shoulder this time, previous 2 times he managed to get me in the face.
Been there, done that, got the puke covered t-shirt. I both feel and smell your pain.

I did witness parental karma once regarding the above. Our first grandkid was just a couple days old. Our SIL was holding her when she spit up cottage cheese on his shoulder. He went, "Ewwww!" and held her away from him. At which point, she had a diarrhea filled blowout from her diaper that landed smack on his feet. He was wearing sandals. Grandma and I were both laying on the floor, laughing our asses off.

Been there, done that, got the puke covered t-shirt. I both feel and smell your pain.

I did witness parental karma once regarding the above. Our first grandkid was just a couple days old. Our SIL was holding her when she spit up cottage cheese on his shoulder. He went, "Ewwww!" and held her away from him. At which point, she had a diarrhea filled blowout from her diaper that landed smack on his feet. He was wearing sandals. Grandma and I were both laying on the floor, laughing our asses off.
I can deal with the grand children most times, it was when their parents still lived at home and came in at 3am and did the same as teenagers!!!

View attachment 418825

probably still better than my current average with a 10 month old, 😜

probably still better than my current average with a 10 month old, 😜

Oh I'm sure...heres hoping yours starts sleeping through before the age stops getting measured in weeks 😅

But I will say it's more devastating when you aren't expecting it...so last night I'd had a few Friday night drinkies..and went to bed at midnight in the expectation I'd at least get to sleep until 6...so that went well.

I'm currently past tired though so all good..just as well as he slept on me most of the day, is feeling fine and is now watching Sarah and duck and full of beans. At least yours isn't old enough to have strong opinions on what he's doing.

Oh I'm sure...heres hoping yours starts sleeping through before the age stops getting measured in weeks 😅

But I will say it's more devastating when you aren't expecting it...so last night I'd had a few Friday night drinkies..and went to bed at midnight in the expectation I'd at least get to sleep until 6...so that went well.

I'm currently past tired though so all good..just as well as he slept on me most of the day, is feeling fine and is now watching Sarah and duck and full of beans. At least yours isn't old enough to have strong opinions on what he's doing.
A few weeks back we had covid and a week before that he had what I now assume was covid but presented as exploding nappies every few hours, which meant completely stripping and changing everything every few hours, that was a new level of exhaustion.

Measured in weeks..... Our first went nearly 3 years before he started sleeping like a human! I remmeber walking around as the sun came up one morning, with him in the push chair at about 3.30 in the morning and a policeman pulling alongside in his car. " Are you alright chief"?
"Good morning office..... Do I look alright???? If I was alright this little **** and I would both be tucked up in bed fast asleep. No Im not alright!!! We had a good laugh at least. ..................... And puke, I remember having to remove the back seat and carpet and rear seatbelt at the road side to sluice them off After No2 daughter had filled the seatbelt cubbie in the floor with 5* puke. The car was two days old and never smelled the same again. OCD car meant it was moved on at 6 months old. Now thats expensive vommit.

Back