General What would you value my car at?

Currently reading:
General What would you value my car at?

Hey guys,

just something i've been curious about really, we are all aware that the Marea's go dirt cheap anyway but i wanted to know what you would value my car at?

first thing would be to tell you to pretend the dent in the back isnt there as this will be repaired.

Spec:

1999 2.0 20v (147) Marea Weekend HLX
Full leather interior
17" Stilo Abarth Blade alloys with Pirelli P-Zero Nero tyres all round
lowered 40mm on PI springs (standard shocks)
front upper Sparco Strutbrace
BMC CDA intake
bonnet lifters
5K halogen lamps & LED sidelights (just for looks)
Tinted rear lights

just under 62,000 miles on the clock, all belts/tensioners/pump changed at 38,000 miles

all general maintainance carried out regularly by myself with a few bits done recently by garage (brake fluid, wheel bearing)

bodywork is in excellent condition for age but is about to have alot of touchup work done.

so what do we think i would be looking at getting? and what would an estimate be with 20vT conversion?

Thanks,
Ry

what do we use if we think a thread is against the rules?

report.gif
:chin:

Dont spend any money on converting the car to turbo to sell it, even if you find a buyer who wants that conversion you will not increase the sale price by what it costs to do it. Also frilly bits on cars dont really make much difference to price, they just shift the car quicker if they are what peeps look for (try selling a coop without leather and air). My son in law just shoved his weekend through Milton Keynes auctions, and was well pleased with £350, it was a dog eared black 1.6SX 125K on an X plate. They were happy with the use they got out of it for what it cost. If I was going to sell mine I would take £500, maybe I could get more , but why break your neck for an extra £100? We are not looking to sell ours anyway, we like it, it's going fine is light on fuel and has almost 0 depreciation.

as said i dont actually want to sell, i just want to know what is its worth or rather what someone else might pay for it, sorry if it came across as a 'For Sale' thread

as for the turbo conversion, that will be done for me not for an increased sale value but i just wouldn't want to look a mug and sell a turbo marea for something silly....

when it comes down to it i may just resort to eBay-ing her and see what she fetches, would just be a dissapointment to see something thats had alot of work gone into it sell for £500 etc. i'd rather garage her and use when i get bored...

i would of liked to see about £2k with all mods currently but i think thats over the odds maybe £1500?

with a turbo conversion i'd say something like £2000-£2500 ?

only problem would be i couldnt bring myself to sell to some who wanted to use it for a workhorse or something silly like that.

as said i dont actually want to sell, i just want to know what is its worth or rather what someone else might pay for it, sorry if it came across as a 'For Sale' thread

as for the turbo conversion, that will be done for me not for an increased sale value but i just wouldn't want to look a mug and sell a turbo marea for something silly....

when it comes down to it i may just resort to eBay-ing her and see what she fetches, would just be a dissapointment to see something thats had alot of work gone into it sell for £500 etc. i'd rather garage her and use when i get bored...

i would of liked to see about £2k with all mods currently but i think thats over the odds maybe £1500?

with a turbo conversion i'd say something like £2000-£2500 ?

only problem would be i couldnt bring myself to sell to some who wanted to use it for a workhorse or something silly like that.

try about £3500-£4000 with the turbo lol id buy it off ya for £2500 lol if ya sold it lol

£1200 in autotrader without the dent and with plenty of tax and test.

less than a grand on ebay, and you'll have to list it 5 times.

Back