What would you recomend?

Currently reading:
What would you recomend?

Hmmm i get what you mean mate, depends how much effort your willing to put in. Shopping around and getting the bits from different places could give you a significantly better sound system then buying that package.

Just like PC parts i suppose but people usually can't be bothered and end up buying a package.

Hmmm i get what you mean mate, depends how much effort your willing to put in. Shopping around and getting the bits from different places could give you a significantly better sound system then buying that package.

Just like PC parts i suppose but people usually can't be bothered and end up buying a package.

Yeah defo. With my pc i had like 2 months to buy parts and build so i did shop around. But with this i have a week, so pack is probs the best idea :/

Haha nice one mate! Probaly one of the best packages you could of got for that money. I would say spend the 50 quid and get it fitted but stu will tell me off :D

Haha nice one mate! Probaly one of the best packages you could of got for that money. I would say spend the 50 quid and get it fitted but stu will tell me off :D

Ha, was thinking that, but i dont really have the 'spare' cash for that! Mothers cuz owns a garage though so they may be able to do it :/

Dad also said he would help. did lots of ICE in the old days apparently, ford capri and all ;) haha

So then, is it really that awkward to fit? need to be done by.... tuesday...

Na its not that hard and the same basic priciple hasnt changed since the days of the Capri.
There are guides in the Guides section. Check the model specific sections too. I would suggest that you try and build a false floor and raise it an inch or two to hide the wiring and give the enclosure a strong hold onto . This is easy, just use the standard boot carpet as a template then cut it down acordingly ;)

Na its not that hard and the same basic priciple hasnt changed since the days of the Capri.
There are guides in the Guides section. Check the model specific sections too. I would suggest that you try and build a false floor and raise it an inch or two to hide the wiring and give the enclosure a strong hold onto . This is easy, just use the standard boot carpet as a template then cut it down acordingly ;)

Ah i see. How high would this false floor be? as in so the floor would be flush with the top of the amp. Have the amp set into the floor? Im hopping its not to hard. Im guessing getting wires from battery to boot will be hardest. I have standard '57' GP HU so do i need anything extra from what is already in the pack?

Cheers

Getting the power wire from the battery to the boot is actually very easy. Just pass it through an existing hole in the firewall which is to the top right in the punto. After you start poking it through it is very easy because the wire is very thick so it is easy to poke through.

As for the headunit im not sure you may need a lineout converter?

Getting the power wire from the battery to the boot is actually very easy. Just pass it through an existing hole in the firewall which is to the top right in the punto. After you start poking it through it is very easy because the wire is very thick so it is easy to poke through.

As for the headunit im not sure you may need a lineout converter?

Yeah i am planning on fitting it in the next 20 mins, When qualifying finished ;)

I dont know whether i will need a 'lineout converter'. I am using the standard '57' HU for the 1.2 active. Can anyone answer that for me?

Yes you do but you will normally loose the use of the speakers that you are tapping off of. Your best bet is to tap (run it inline) into the rear speakers and see what happens. You may get feedback and ground loop and the amp will run nowhere near to its potential.

Yes you do but you will normally loose the use of the speakers that you are tapping off of. Your best bet is to tap (run it inline) into the rear speakers and see what happens. You may get feedback and ground loop and the amp will run nowhere near to its potential.

Ok well i have a converter, which taps into the rear speakers from the back of the HU. But i dont know how to get the wires out of the clip so i can twist the converter onto the wire and put it back into the clip. Its a RCA converter. How do you get the wires out of the original stero clip that plugs into the back of the HU? Cheers urgent :)

Really? Ok.
Can you explain the difference between:

1: http://www.auto-motives.biz/car-aud...plant-pppk1120-subwoofer-bass-pack-p-348.html

2: http://www.auto-motives.biz/car-aud...t-pppk1120-subbassamp-custom-pack-p-1826.html

I may be being stupid again but i cant see it. Except the price and the enclosure.

Cheers
Ps. I have a Job and will have a job at uni, but i need that to live, not spend money on my car ;)

Different sub and box. I installed the £155 one into a mates car last week, sounds good and i dont think you will beat it for the price.

Back